Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SC 5 & 6 is Here!

Default Re: SC 5 & 6 is Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Colomama View Post
    I want the one year pace, but with all the fun games. Ha!
    The games and instructions are actually included in both CMs. The games are simply scheduled more often in the Two-Year pace.
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The games and instructions are actually included in both CMs. The games are simply scheduled more often in the Two-Year pace.
    So helpful!
    Christine

(2018-2019)
    DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
    DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
    DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3)
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others!)

When time permits, we'll share an overview of 5&6, 7&8, 9&10, 11&12 so you can see the full progression. Eventually we may include a full curriculum map in the Simply Classical Journal, just as in The Classical Teacher.

For 5&6, 7&8, 9&10, 11&12 we intend to cover much of the correlated material in MP Third-Sixth. This is one reason we chose to conduct some material orally, so we could hasten the pace in order to complete the full progression.

We finish all of these in 5&6:
    Creating Art
    EGR I
    Chr St I
    TS Spelling 2
    R&S Arithmetic 3
    States & Capitals I
    R&S Science 3
    Core Skills: Language Arts: 3
    D'Aulaires' Greek Myths
    Intro to Composition
    5 Literature Selections
    NAC 3
    My Thankfulness Journal
    Courage & a Clear Mind (Greece)

We continue these into 7&8:
    Music Appreciation
    Latina Christiana
    Poetry & the Grammar Stage
    Golden Children's Bible
    Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by cherylswope View Post
    When time permits, we'll share an overview of 5&6, 7&8, 9&10, 11&12 so you can see the full progression. Eventually we may include a full curriculum map in the Simply Classical Journal, just as in The Classical Teacher.

For 5&6, 7&8, 9&10, 11&12 we intend to cover much of the correlated material in MP Third-Sixth. This is one reason we chose to conduct some material orally, so we could hasten the pace in order to complete the full progression.

We finish all of these in 5&6:
    Creating Art
    EGR I
    Chr St I
    TS Spelling 2
    R&S Arithmetic 3
    States & Capitals I
    R&S Science 3
    Core Skills: Language Arts: 3
    D'Aulaires' Greek Myths
    Intro to Composition
    5 Literature Selections
    NAC 3
    My Thankfulness Journal
    Courage & a Clear Mind (Greece)

We continue these into 7&8:
    Music Appreciation
    Latina Christiana
    Poetry & the Grammar Stage
    Golden Children's Bible
    Timeline
    Ohhhh! I thought in previous threads it was said that Greek Myths and Christian Studies would be completed over 5/6 and 7/8. MP does that in 3/4. I misunderstood!

That makes my choice easier. I was thinking with 5/6 we would still not be done with those subjects and I would have to be working two manuals. THIS will keep us at SC for another year! I will still need to decide on spelling, but I will wait until we finish TS2 before “worrying” about that! I really like having only 1/2 of LC done. It is all coming together here now! Ha!

What are your thoughts again on the Ludere supplement? Here, I am specific to my oldest. We plan to work in a group again. You mentioned some challenges with it.
    Christine

(2018-2019)
    DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
    DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
    DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3)
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others!)

The announcement email said shipping was free for SC 5/6. I only need the CG as I ordered the other components I needed last month. Is there a free shipping code I need to enter or is it free shipping only if I order the whole set?

Anxiously waiting to push "buy" on my shopping cart 😁
    Married to DH for 13 years. Living the rural life in the Colorado mountains

DS10- Simply Classical 4 / Grade 3 Classic Core,
    DD8- Grade 2 Classic Core,
    DD 6- Classic Core Kindergarten

Quote Originally Posted by howiecram View Post
    Ohhhh! I thought in previous threads it was said that Greek Myths and Christian Studies would be completed over 5/6 and 7/8. MP does that in 3/4. I misunderstood!

That makes my choice easier. I was thinking with 5/6 we would still not be done with those subjects and I would have to be working two manuals. THIS will keep us at SC for another year! I will still need to decide on spelling, but I will wait until we finish TS2 before “worrying” about that! I really like having only 1/2 of LC done. It is all coming together here now! Ha!

What are your thoughts again on the Ludere supplement? Here, I am specific to my oldest. We plan to work in a group again. You mentioned some challenges with it.
    We thought about both options, so you didn't misunderstand; we just made the decision to proceed this way!

As for Ludere, yes, I believe that adding that supplement in 5&6 will not be necessary because we will cover similar content through our non-writing games more suitable for our SC students. The parsing in LL is especially mind-boggling for our SC students at the 5&6 level.

I do have a surprise for everyone that will help with Latina Christiana for SC 7&8, however. I'm excited about this and will share more when we are closer!

As for Colomama's shipping question, you might try to proceed with the order and see if it calculates as "free shipping." If you already tried this, I will defer to someone more knowledgeable in such matters!

[I'll be back on Monday if anyone has more questions. I had to call it a day late afternoon when both children came home from respective staff parties brimming with stories to share. One who shall remain nameless was covered top to toes in a spilled tray of baked beans, but a quick clean-up and hot shower resulted in a fun evening. Thanks for all of the good questions. We are so thankful to be able to offer SC 5&6. Today my Michelle & I are organizing books for 7&8. Have a great weekend!]
    Last edited by cherylswope; 12-08-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Am I correct in assuming that individual lesson plans will come with 1 or 2 year options? Is there an ETA on them? I don't need them yet...just curious ;-)
    Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
    ds 22, graduated
    dd 14, 9th Grade
    dd 11, 6th Grade
    ds 9, 4nd Grade

Quote Originally Posted by Colomama View Post
    The announcement email said shipping was free for SC 5/6. I only need the CG as I ordered the other components I needed last month. Is there a free shipping code I need to enter or is it free shipping only if I order the whole set?
    Quote Originally Posted by cherylswope View Post
    As for Colomama's shipping question, you might try to proceed with the order and see if it calculates as "free shipping."
    Good afternoon Colomama,

If all you need is the SC 5 & 6 CM (One-Year or Two-Year), we can offer free shipping on it during this December promotion. I'm not sure the system will automatically apply it though. Go ahead and try, as Cheryl suggested, but if it doesn't work, just send me an email (michael@memoriapress.com) and I will take care of your order when our office reopens tomorrow.

HTH!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl in CA View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that individual lesson plans will come with 1 or 2 year options? Is there an ETA on them? I don't need them yet...just curious ;-)
    Yes, you are correct! The individual plans should follow shortly. I believe that many are already done, and I can give you an exact ETA when we reopen Monday.

HTH!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Good afternoon Colomama,

If all you need is the SC 5 & 6 CM (One-Year or Two-Year), we can offer free shipping on it during this December promotion. I'm not sure the system will automatically apply it though. Go ahead and try, as Cheryl suggested, but if it doesn't work, just send me an email (michael@memoriapress.com) and I will take care of your order when our office reopens tomorrow.

HTH!
    I sent a quote request to Sales on Friday when shipping automatically applied to my cart. Thanks

Boom! Ordered SC 5/6. I'm stoked!