X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Katie
    • Apr 2014

Nle

Good afternoon!
    My son is in 9th grade, has completed First and Second Forms and Henle Units 1-5. He made it through the first unit in Third Form this year before enrolling in a university model classical school. This school uses the Forms in lower and middle school, then moves to Jenneys Latin in highschool (meh)..he is in the first year Latin 1 book. He’s never taken the NLE. Should he still start with the intro level or could he safely move to level one?
    Thank you!
    Katie

DS 18, DD 15, DD 12, twin DDs 9
  • Michael
    • Feb 2012

Re: Nle

Originally posted by Katie
    Good afternoon!
    My son is in 9th grade, has completed First and Second Forms and Henle Units 1-5. He made it through the first unit in Third Form this year before enrolling in a university model classical school. This school uses the Forms in lower and middle school, then moves to Jenneys Latin in highschool (meh)..he is in the first year Latin 1 book. He’s never taken the NLE. Should he still start with the intro level or could he safely move to level one?
    Thank you!
    Good afternoon,

The Intro Exam would be the "safest" place to start, as it's where we would place a student IN Second Form. For a student IN Third Form, and has thus completed most of the book by the time of the exam, we would recommend Level I for a 9th grader. Depending on what your son's covered in Jenney, he may be ready for Level I. The best way to tell would be to download some prior Intro and Level I Exams from the NLE website and have him attempt both. If he can take Level I, and thus potentially score a medal, that would be the ideal, but if he's clearly not ready after trying a few practice exams, stick with Intro.

HTH!

Comment

• Katie
      • Apr 2014

Re: Nle

Originally posted by Michael
      Good afternoon,

The Intro Exam would be the "safest" place to start, as it's where we would place a student IN Second Form. For a student IN Third Form, and has thus completed most of the book by the time of the exam, we would recommend Level I for a 9th grader. Depending on what your son's covered in Jenney, he may be ready for Level I. The best way to tell would be to download some prior Intro and Level I Exams from the NLE website and have him attempt both. If he can take Level I, and thus potentially score a medal, that would be the ideal, but if he's clearly not ready after trying a few practice exams, stick with Intro.

HTH!
      This is helpful. Good idea to get the prior exams. Thanks!
      Katie

DS 18, DD 15, DD 12, twin DDs 9

Comment

Working...