Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LillianinAl
    • Jul 2015

Myself and Others 3

I think we will start Myself and Others 3 on Monday. We will be on Week 10 of SC 3. I think it will be good to have something else interesting to read and learn over the winter when we're inside more. Also my boys will certainly benefit from more practice in good habits and especially with how to be kind.

Do I need an extra copy of Healthy Happy Habits, or should I just make copies of pages or answer all questions orally? I have the M&O 3 set, but I was just looking at it and wondering if I need to quickly order another copy of HHH.
    Thanks, Lillian
  • cherylswope
    MP Representative
    • Mar 2012

Re: Myself and Others 3

Hi, Lillian.

I would not make copies of all pages. The second child will have "leftover" copies. The covers are nice, so I think each boy would appreciate having his own book.

Likewise, I would not attempt to answer everything orally. The student books are nicely arranged for written exercises that truly support what you will be teaching.

In our house in such situations sometimes we alternated with Student #1 as scribe one day and Student #2 as scribe the next. This made for messier books but it saved on costs a little bit. However, most often each student had his/her own book and seemed to prefer this.

If you decide to place a quick order, at least November is free shipping from MP!
    Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child (Memoria Press)

SimplyClassical.com -- catalog, curriculum, book

Comment

• LillianinAl
      • Jul 2015

Thanks, Cheryl, I will get another copy. But I have realized that we are having a hard time getting in our schooling now, and some of this level looks a bit advanced. So I think I will wait and do it in the summer. I may reread some other good books from Levels 1 and 2 or just be aware of pointing out desirable character traits in other books we read. Anyway, it looks good, especially the parts about how to treat others in social situations. Thanks!

Comment

• cherylswope
        MP Representative
        • Mar 2012

Yes, if you do nothing else but read those Myself & Others read-alouds from Sets 1 & 2, you will do much!

Comment

• LillianinAl
          • Jul 2015

Cheryl,
          I decided to go ahead and buy Healthy, Happy Habits now and maybe start it in January. Right now I a, adding in some favorite Christmas read alouds from previous levels of SC. I read Mr.Willoughby's Christmas Tree aloud today at lunch- my favorite!

Anyway, I waited until MP was closed for the day, so no free shipping. But when I went to check out, a message appeared saying I could not buy this book. Apparently it isn't for sale individually. Any suggestions?
          Thanks, Lillian

Comment

• cherylswope
            MP Representative
            • Mar 2012

I just tried & was able to add just HHH to a cart.

If you first search for the book title individually on the MP website, the book will pop up. Then add to Cart, enter your November promo, and see what happens.

(I'm no check-out expert, but you might try this if no one else has a tip.)

Comment

• Michael
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by LillianinAl
              When I went to check out, a message appeared saying I could not buy this book. Apparently it isn't for sale individually.
              Good morning Lillian,

This must have been a glitch, as we are selling the book individually. The glitch may already be fixed as, like Cheryl, I was unable to reproduce it. Here's a direct link to the individual product page that seems to be working. Of course, if you continue to have problems, we'll be able to further troubleshoot once our office reopens on Monday.

P.S. November free shipping ran through (I believe) midnight eastern time. Since Healthy, Happy Habits was not working for you that evening after our office had closed, feel free to send me an email ([email protected]) with your MP account information and I will email a quote for this specific product as if the quote had been built on Friday.

HTH!

Comment

Working...