Thread: Geometry chapter 13 test question

Default Geometry chapter 13 test question

In chapter 13 the lesson plans don't cover sections 13-6, 13-7, 13-8, or 13-9, but the lesson plans don't elimate any questions from the chapter test. Chapter 14 eliminates some sections and modifies the test. I assume this an omission in the plans, but it seems that problems 5, 8, 11, 12, and 16 test content covered in those omitted sections. Thanks!

Also, is there a grading rubric for geometry like there is for algebra? I don't see one in my lesson plans.
    Dorinda

DD 15 - 10th with MPOA(Biology, Novel, Material Logic/Rhetoric ), Lukeion (Greek3, Latin 3)
    DS 13 - 8A with MPOA(Third Form and composition)
    DS 10 - 5M
    DS 5 - K with AAR3

Default Re: Geometry chapter 13 test question

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2mthj View Post
    In chapter 13 the lesson plans don't cover sections 13-6, 13-7, 13-8, or 13-9, but the lesson plans don't elimate any questions from the chapter test. Chapter 14 eliminates some sections and modifies the test. I assume this an omission in the plans, but it seems that problems 5, 8, 11, 12, and 16 test content covered in those omitted sections. Thanks!

Also, is there a grading rubric for geometry like there is for algebra? I don't see one in my lesson plans.
    Dorinda,
    You make a good observation about the Ch13 test. I always black out the problems from sections we didn't cover. Sorry for the omission in the lesson plans. We should update that. I recommend you eliminate those problems from your daughter's Ch13 test.

My usual rubric for geometry is to grade on points. 5 points for each homework, 100 for each test, 200 for the final exam. I think that averages out to about 7% for homework, 80% for tests, and 13% for final. I don't specifically weight those points anymore, and I think the results accurately reflect my students' mastery. If you prefer to weight, I would suggest 20% for homework, 60% for tests, 20% for final, which matches what you proposed in another thread. I occasionally use quizzes in geometry, but count them as homework points. I doubt you are using the quizzes since you have the daily contact with your daughter and can gauge her progress more closely.
    Cindy Davis
    Science and Math teacher at Highlands Latin School - Indianapolis
    ds-24 college graduate: working, reading, writing
    ds-22 college graduate: Biology/German double-major; off to podiatry school!
    dd-20 college junior: Nursing