Thread: Grammar School Lit III

Default Grammar School Lit III

I am considering this class for my 5th grade daughter. I know we can do the lit at home and she has been in MP cores since K so I am familiar with the format of the guides. I do think she might get more out of the class. We sometimes rush through and don't dig into the vocab and enrichment activities as much as I know we could. I do plan to move this dd mostly to MPOA for junior high/ high school. I have started thinking this class might be a good one to jump into before the books and assignments get more challenging.

I feel like either way will be fine, so I'm not really agonizing over the decision. But- I would love if anyone has any particular insights or experiences to share about the Grammar School Lit 3 class or any of the grammar school lit classes.

Thank you!
    Erica

Default Re: Grammar School Lit III

Quote Originally Posted by teachermom View Post
    I am considering this class for my 5th grade daughter. I know we can do the lit at home and she has been in MP cores since K so I am familiar with the format of the guides. I do think she might get more out of the class. We sometimes rush through and don't dig into the vocab and enrichment activities as much as I know we could. I do plan to move this dd mostly to MPOA for junior high/ high school. I have started thinking this class might be a good one to jump into before the books and assignments get more challenging.

I feel like either way will be fine, so I'm not really agonizing over the decision. But- I would love if anyone has any particular insights or experiences to share about the Grammar School Lit 3 class or any of the grammar school lit classes.

Thank you!
    Erica
    Good morning,

Some families do choose to start their child with just one or two online classes before enrolling full-time. Depending on the child, this can be a great idea!

We have a preview of GS Lit I available by clicking here. I know you're interested in GS Lit III, but this preview may give you an idea an idea of how a middle-school literature class is structured.

Finally, I hope this reply serves to bump your thread so that other MPOA families will respond with their experiences!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

I think a lit class would be a great first class. The lit classes are generally pretty flexible. Weekly readings are assigned, and the teachers often have the kids read aloud during class - especially with poetry or plays. Quizzes are assigned regularly, but generally due at the end of each quarter. I do not recall that my daughter’s teachers have done too much with the enrichment although the vocab is covered, and the books are discussed.
    2018-2019:
    DD 14 | 9th | Foerster Alg II, MPOA (Biology, Novel, Henle II, AP US, Composition), HSC (Didache Intro)
    DS 12 | 6M | Singapore, AAS, MPOA (Composition)
    DD 10 | 5A | Singapore, AAS, MPOA (Composition), Delectare

Thank you!