X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kikirev3
    • Apr 2015

AP History Question

Hello!

We are trying to map out our son’s high school years. He LOVES history and would like to do an AP history course with MPOA. He will finish the second year of US history next year, wants to do the one year of Middle Ages/Medieval history (which will hopefully be available by then). If he were to take the AP European history with MPOA, can he do that as a stand alone? Without having taken a year of European history already?

Thanks!!
    Ally

Evan: 11th grade, MPOA
    Rachel: 10th grade, MPOA
    Katie: 9th grade, mix of MPOA & HOD

Homesteading in Utica, Ohio
  • spiland
    Director, MPOA
    • Jun 2008

Re: AP History Question

Originally posted by kikirev3
    Hello!

We are trying to map out our son’s high school years. He LOVES history and would like to do an AP history course with MPOA. He will finish the second year of US history next year, wants to do the one year of Middle Ages/Medieval history (which will hopefully be available by then). If he were to take the AP European history with MPOA, can he do that as a stand alone? Without having taken a year of European history already?

Thanks!!
    Hello!

Glad to try and help. Your student can absolutely take the AP European History class and corresponding exam, and really you can take any course you choose through Memoria Press Online Academy as a stand-alone course. That is how most families within the online academy do it.

We do also have a Medieval History class that some are opting to take prior to AP European History, though it is by no means a prerequisite.

Does this help? Let me know if you have other questions or would like to chat. My email address is [email protected] and the toll-free number is (877) 745-8866.

Thank you!

Scott Piland
    Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

• Mom2mthj
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by spiland
      Hello!

Glad to try and help. Your student can absolutely take the AP European History class and corresponding exam, and really you can take any course you choose through Memoria Press Online Academy as a stand-alone course. That is how most families within the online academy do it.

We do also have a Medieval History class that some are opting to take prior to AP European History, though it is by no means a prerequisite.

Does this help? Let me know if you have other questions or would like to chat. My email address is [email protected] and the toll-free number is (877) 745-8866.

Thank you!

Scott Piland
      Director
      Wow! When did you add the medieval history class? That looks really cool.
      Dorinda

Plans for 2023-2024
      17th year homeschooling, 14th year with Memoria Press
      DD College Junior
      DS Senior - Lukeion Greek, AP Calculus and Physics with me, MA Medieval History and Tolkien/Lewis
      DS Sophomore - Vita Beata Aeneid, MA Short Story
      DS 5th grade - 5A with Right Start G, AAS 6

Comment

• spiland
        Director, MPOA
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Mom2mthj
        Wow! When did you add the medieval history class? That looks really cool.
        Hi Dorinda,

Thanks for the message. We added it a couple of months ago, at the very beginning of March if I remember correctly. It is going to be a great class and we are very happy to get it added. Have a great weekend!

Scott Piland
        Director

Comment

Working...