Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPearson
    • Jun 2015

Problems with PDFs for online classes

Hi there. I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot this. Over the past week I guess I ended up upgrading (not sure?) our version of Adobe Reader. My son was needing to access an online Eagle Scout Project Workbook which was in some fillable pdf format. So we followed the steps suggested and, lo and behold, Adobe looks different on our iMac now!

Now, when I attempt to upload MPOA work (for example, math homework pages) they look different on the submittal area and I'm not sure my son's teacher can access them.

The steps I take to upload work to MPOA are the following (especially for math homework and math tests):
    - use a scanner app on my iPhone
    -email the document of scanned pages in pdf format to myself
    - access my email on the iMac and download the document I emailed myself
    - 'export' the document to my desktop
    - drag the document from desktop to course page submittal icon area

The problem I'm having now after this new Adobe Reader version is that, after scanning and emailing to myself, getting onto my desktop, the document now says something like this: "Ch 12 Test.pdf1.9MB" and it also says "WEBLOC" on it.

Any ideas about how to troubleshoot all this? I guess I can just try to figure out how to get this new Adobe Reader off my computer.

Thanks in advance,
    SusanP
  • Katie
    • Apr 2014

Re: Problems with PDFs for online classes

Originally posted by SPearson
    Hi there. I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot this. Over the past week I guess I ended up upgrading (not sure?) our version of Adobe Reader. My son was needing to access an online Eagle Scout Project Workbook which was in some fillable pdf format. So we followed the steps suggested and, lo and behold, Adobe looks different on our iMac now!

Now, when I attempt to upload MPOA work (for example, math homework pages) they look different on the submittal area and I'm not sure my son's teacher can access them.

The steps I take to upload work to MPOA are the following (especially for math homework and math tests):
    - use a scanner app on my iPhone
    -email the document of scanned pages in pdf format to myself
    - access my email on the iMac and download the document I emailed myself
    - 'export' the document to my desktop
    - drag the document from desktop to course page submittal icon area

The problem I'm having now after this new Adobe Reader version is that, after scanning and emailing to myself, getting onto my desktop, the document now says something like this: "Ch 12 Test.pdf1.9MB" and it also says "WEBLOC" on it.

Any ideas about how to troubleshoot all this? I guess I can just try to figure out how to get this new Adobe Reader off my computer.

Thanks in advance,
    SusanP
    I’m really no help when it comes to technology but what has saved me from headache is the CamScanner app. I was doing all you described to upload math quizzes..scan, email, export, drag and drop. Too many steps! Cam scanner has streamlined all that and I can just do it all from my phone now instead of logging on to my laptop.
    Katie

DS 18, DD 15, DD 12, twin DDs 9

Comment

• SPearson
      • Jun 2015

Katie,
      I am using CamScanner, too! What do I need to do so that I can upload directly from my phone to my son's MPOA? I can't figure it out .
      Thanks,
      SusanP

Comment

• Katie
        • Apr 2014

Katie,
        I am using CamScanner, too! What do I need to do so that I can upload directly from my phone to my son's MPOA? I can't figure it out .
        Thanks,
        SusanP
        After you scan and save the file, at the bottom of the screen, select the “share” button. Then select “PDF”, original size. Then on my phone (iPhone) and screen automatically pops up where I can select “save to file”. The next screen allows me to “save to phone” or “iCloud”. From here I can save it either way. Then, after logged into MPOA, I pull up the files from the upload screen and select and it uploads. Am I making sense?
        Katie

DS 18, DD 15, DD 12, twin DDs 9

Comment

• SPearson
          • Jun 2015

Thanks Katie. I appreciate your help! Unfortunately, I don't have that 'save to file' option. I'm working with an iPhone 5s. So perhaps my phone is just too old to do what your phone is doing.

If anyone else has any advice, I'd be so appreciative!

Thanks,
          SusanP

Comment

• spiland
            Director, MPOA
            • Jun 2008

Thanks Katie. I appreciate your help! Unfortunately, I don't have that 'save to file' option. I'm working with an iPhone 5s. So perhaps my phone is just too old to do what your phone is doing.

If anyone else has any advice, I'd be so appreciative!

Thanks,
            SusanP
            Hi Susan,

Thanks for this. For some reason when you are saving the file it is putting the WEBLOC as part of the file extension (the part after .pdf). Here is a thread that could help.

If you have an iPhone, perhaps a better strategy is to take a picture of the files and then Airdrop them to your Mac. Then:

Open the picture in Preview
            Click File and export to a PDF
            Then upload it to the MPOA link

Scott Piland
            Director
            Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Working...