Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Problems with PDFs for online classes

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    360

    Default Problems with PDFs for online classes

    Hi there. I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot this. Over the past week I guess I ended up upgrading (not sure?) our version of Adobe Reader. My son was needing to access an online Eagle Scout Project Workbook which was in some fillable pdf format. So we followed the steps suggested and, lo and behold, Adobe looks different on our iMac now!

    Now, when I attempt to upload MPOA work (for example, math homework pages) they look different on the submittal area and I'm not sure my son's teacher can access them.

    The steps I take to upload work to MPOA are the following (especially for math homework and math tests):
    - use a scanner app on my iPhone
    -email the document of scanned pages in pdf format to myself
    - access my email on the iMac and download the document I emailed myself
    - 'export' the document to my desktop
    - drag the document from desktop to course page submittal icon area

    The problem I'm having now after this new Adobe Reader version is that, after scanning and emailing to myself, getting onto my desktop, the document now says something like this: "Ch 12 Test.pdf1.9MB" and it also says "WEBLOC" on it.

    Any ideas about how to troubleshoot all this? I guess I can just try to figure out how to get this new Adobe Reader off my computer.

    Thanks in advance,
    SusanP

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Marthasville, MO
    Posts
    694

    Default Re: Problems with PDFs for online classes

    Quote Originally Posted by SPearson View Post
    Hi there. I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot this. Over the past week I guess I ended up upgrading (not sure?) our version of Adobe Reader. My son was needing to access an online Eagle Scout Project Workbook which was in some fillable pdf format. So we followed the steps suggested and, lo and behold, Adobe looks different on our iMac now!

    Now, when I attempt to upload MPOA work (for example, math homework pages) they look different on the submittal area and I'm not sure my son's teacher can access them.

    The steps I take to upload work to MPOA are the following (especially for math homework and math tests):
    - use a scanner app on my iPhone
    -email the document of scanned pages in pdf format to myself
    - access my email on the iMac and download the document I emailed myself
    - 'export' the document to my desktop
    - drag the document from desktop to course page submittal icon area

    The problem I'm having now after this new Adobe Reader version is that, after scanning and emailing to myself, getting onto my desktop, the document now says something like this: "Ch 12 Test.pdf1.9MB" and it also says "WEBLOC" on it.

    Any ideas about how to troubleshoot all this? I guess I can just try to figure out how to get this new Adobe Reader off my computer.

    Thanks in advance,
    SusanP
    I’m really no help when it comes to technology but what has saved me from headache is the CamScanner app. I was doing all you described to upload math quizzes..scan, email, export, drag and drop. Too many steps! Cam scanner has streamlined all that and I can just do it all from my phone now instead of logging on to my laptop.
    Katie

    2018/2019 6th year homeschooling, 5th with MP
    DS 14: 9 MPOA Latin & Writing, co-op
    DD 11: MP 6A, MPOA Latin
    DD 8: MP 2
    Twin DD's 6: MPK

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    360

    Default Re: Problems with PDFs for online classes

    Katie,
    I am using CamScanner, too! What do I need to do so that I can upload directly from my phone to my son's MPOA? I can't figure it out .
    Thanks,
    SusanP

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Marthasville, MO
    Posts
    694

    Default Re: Problems with PDFs for online classes

    Quote Originally Posted by SPearson View Post
    Katie,
    I am using CamScanner, too! What do I need to do so that I can upload directly from my phone to my son's MPOA? I can't figure it out .
    Thanks,
    SusanP
    After you scan and save the file, at the bottom of the screen, select the “share” button. Then select “PDF”, original size. Then on my phone (iPhone) and screen automatically pops up where I can select “save to file”. The next screen allows me to “save to phone” or “iCloud”. From here I can save it either way. Then, after logged into MPOA, I pull up the files from the upload screen and select and it uploads. Am I making sense?
    Katie

    2018/2019 6th year homeschooling, 5th with MP
    DS 14: 9 MPOA Latin & Writing, co-op
    DD 11: MP 6A, MPOA Latin
    DD 8: MP 2
    Twin DD's 6: MPK

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    360

    Default Re: Problems with PDFs for online classes

    Thanks Katie. I appreciate your help! Unfortunately, I don't have that 'save to file' option. I'm working with an iPhone 5s. So perhaps my phone is just too old to do what your phone is doing.

    If anyone else has any advice, I'd be so appreciative!

    Thanks,
    SusanP

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    364

    Default Re: Problems with PDFs for online classes

    Quote Originally Posted by SPearson View Post
    Thanks Katie. I appreciate your help! Unfortunately, I don't have that 'save to file' option. I'm working with an iPhone 5s. So perhaps my phone is just too old to do what your phone is doing.

    If anyone else has any advice, I'd be so appreciative!

    Thanks,
    SusanP
    Hi Susan,

    Thanks for this. For some reason when you are saving the file it is putting the WEBLOC as part of the file extension (the part after .pdf). Here is a thread that could help.

    If you have an iPhone, perhaps a better strategy is to take a picture of the files and then Airdrop them to your Mac. Then:

    Open the picture in Preview
    Click File and export to a PDF
    Then upload it to the MPOA link

    Scott Piland
    Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy

Similar Threads

  1. Online classes and ADHD
    By musdir26 in forum Online Academy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2018, 12:01 PM
  2. MP Online Academy - 5 classes?
    By klwalukas in forum 9-12 Curriculum Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2018, 02:25 PM
  3. Audiobooks and Online classes
    By trob in forum 9-12 Curriculum Board
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2016, 09:34 AM
  4. MP online classes
    By KF2000 in forum 9-12 Curriculum Board
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 10:38 AM
  5. Need times for online classes
    By angelique in forum K-8 Curriculum Board
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 09:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •