Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Streaming vs. Dvd LC?

Default Re: Streaming vs. Dvd LC?

Oh I loved Jessica, she was so great- gentle, enthusiastic, and just so nice. Those DVDs are great. Literally for us, the only problem we had was with the tremendous speed of the recitations on the cd and the dvd- it happens with the Glenn Moore dvd's too, it is really fast.. but this seems to be something all Latin teachers do, on purpose. I do agree that the initial recitation should be at least a little bit slower...if possible! But if not no worries, we can always just pause the video...which my ds and dd do now, they just keep the mouse poised above the pause button...say and then listen again to see if they got it right.
    Last edited by Girlnumber20; 03-13-2018 at 07:28 PM.
    DD 12, using 6M core with 7th Grade COTR
    DS 10, using 5M core

And now see, Michael, I shall stir the pot a bit and say that we cannot stand the Watson videos. She simply does not enunciate her words, clipping off the endings which sounds lazy to my ear. Personally, I enunciate all of my spoken words, as do my children. It really jars me to hear the teacher "slanging" her words. I am certain that Ms. Watson is a lovely person, but she sounds "regional" to my midwestern ear, with her clipping off the endings of her spoken words.

But then I did cut my teeth on the Glenn Moore DVDs 8 years ago. I do love him. I was so disappointed to see that he was not the teacher on the TF DVDs. We only watched those DVDs for about 8 lessons, then I enrolled my child with MPOA for TF. Personally, I feel as if those, too, could use a reboot. The teacher, nice man though he is, stumbles over his explanations and has to correct himself several times. His delivery just isn't smooth.

How is that for picky-pot-stirring?

Jen
    DS, 25 yrs, graduated from MIT (Aerospace), following in the family tradition of working for the US Navy

DS, 23 yrs, graduated from SIU's School of Business, working on Adulting

DD, 20 yrs, Junior in Education at The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC

DS, 10 yrs, taking the summer off, then 6M plus Bookshark's Later American history pack

All homeschooled.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen in Japan View Post
    I was so disappointed to see that he was not the teacher on the TF DVDs.

Jen
    Oh noooooo! I might have full-scale revolt from 12 year old on my hands next year.... sniff....goodbye Mr. Moore...sniff. (insert weeping emoji) Please give me some hope.. is he back for Fourth Form?
    DS 10, using 5M core

Quote Originally Posted by Maria2 View Post
    Oh noooooo! I might have full-scale revolt from 12 year old on my hands next year.... sniff....goodbye Mr. Moore...sniff. (insert weeping emoji) Please give me some hope.. is he back for Fourth Form?
    Mr. Moore left HLS to pursue missionary work. Cheryl Lowe recorded Fourth Form.
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Mr. Moore left HLS to pursue missionary work. Cheryl Lowe recorded Fourth Form.
    oooooooh! so cool!
    Last edited by Girlnumber20; 03-14-2018 at 08:52 PM.
    DS 10, using 5M core

Oh no! I must go by Glenn ' s videos right now. I saw him teaching on a friend's disc and loved him I was previewing my LC dvd and so disliked that teacher. Way way WAY too fast and unclear. I am gutted to hear she will be doing future dvds. We won't be able to use the program if I don't get my hands on old discs. One DS has auditory processing and DD has hearing aids due to loss.

Quote Originally Posted by JenRen View Post
    I am gutted to hear she will be doing future dvds. We won't be able to use the program if I don't get my hands on old discs. One DS has auditory processing and DD has hearing aids due to loss.
    Hello,

I do want to reassure you that we have heard and will incorporate all of the feedback we have received on the speed of Mrs. Watson's DVDs. Yes, she will be filming SFL, but we will definitely slow her down a bit
    Michael
    Memoria Press