Thread: CC Fable DVD ~ menu titles

Default CC Fable DVD ~ menu titles

Hello~ I have been using the DVD for CC in our laptop. I am wondering if there are any technical tips that would allow me to see the lesson menu titles (fable, variation, outline, etc.) when the DVD is put into the laptop. These titles show up when used in an actual DVD player, but I am not seeing them on the laptop. This makes it challenging to find where we need to be for each lesson as each "video" starts in a random place. Since the titles show up on the TV I was assuming they would also show up on the laptop. I may be seeking something that isn't even technically possible, but thought I would ask instead of trying to spend hours figuring it out (or not) on my own. Thanks!

Default Re: CC Fable DVD ~ menu titles

Jenn,

What program are you using on your laptop to view it? Do you get to see the DVD menu when you put it in?

Paul
    Paul Schaeffer
    --
    Director, Schools Division
    Memoria Press

I am just inserting into the DVD drive and opening it there. I am not seeing the menu when I put it in. It opens with several video slide options (the first two slides being empty). Then it starts up at the beginning of the 3rd slide (course introduction) and moves through the program from there ~ each being around 30 minutes long and picking up where the previous slide left off (middle of any given lesson). Using a typical DVD player it is perfect ~
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by makinmemories; 09-12-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Whatever media player is automatically opening is what is causing the issue. Do you have "Windows DVD Player" or "VLC Media Player"? Those both automatically show the DVD menu. (VLC is a free download, by the way).

Paul
    Paul Schaeffer
    --
    Director, Schools Division
    Memoria Press

VLC ~ problem solved! I should have known that. My head is obviously in a fog of information overload. Thank you ~ that truly saved me hours!