Thread: Box day!

Default Box day!

I was so excited to get my boxes in. I didn't expect them until next week. I ordered on Tuesday evening and they were in the post office on Friday morning! I can't get over how fast that was.

Two whole boxes! I was like a kid in a candy store. It all looks great. I'm still looking through the books to get a handle on it all.

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but there is a typo on page 91 of the enrichment guide, the Appendix outline page. It says "Phases of the mood" I'm kind of stoked that I might be the first to notice it.

Default Re: Box day!

I was looking at the lesson plans and have some questions. In week 9, it begins SC More Story Time Treasures with lesson 2. I can't find anywhere that lesson 1 is scheduled.

I did find it scheduled starting in week 8 on the digital lesson plans, but they don't include FSR E or anything for the first 7 weeks.

It's not going to be a problem for me, but thoight I'd give a heads up.

Thanks, Miah. I'm taking notes. We will correct all where needed. We appreciate it.

Happy Box Day to you!

I just realized that the Copybook I received is the Core Curriculum Copybook 3 instead of SC Copybook 3. I looked at it when the box arrived, but not too closely and I guess I just saw the III and mentally called it good. Is there some way to send this one back and get the SC Copybook III? He hasn't written in it and I only opened it enough to realize that the page numbers for Day 1 didn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post
    I just realized that the Copybook I received is the Core Curriculum Copybook 3 instead of SC Copybook 3. I looked at it when the box arrived, but not too closely and I guess I just saw the III and mentally called it good. Is there some way to send this one back and get the SC Copybook III? He hasn't written in it and I only opened it enough to realize that the page numbers for Day 1 didn't make sense.
    Yes. Just send an email to sales@memoriapress.com with your order number and what you received by mistake/what you need. They will set up a return for you. Sorry for the inconvenience!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

This is again not something that will bother me on completing the work, but thought you should know. The book, Helen Keller that is pictured and apparently scheduled in the SC3 Curriculum manual is not the one that I have here with the set. I have Childhood of Famous Americans Helen Keller that matches several of the others such as Neil Armstrong. It's easy enough to schedule it in since it matches the others, just making sure you all know it doesn't match the manual.

Thank you, ma'am! We will remedy the discrepancy.

Quote Originally Posted by cherylswope View Post
    Thank you, ma'am! We will remedy the discrepancy.
    I have not gotten this book yet! What are you fixing? Which book do I need?
    Christine
    (2016-2017)
    DD (8/09) SC2
    DS (9/11) SC-C
    DD (2/13) - soaking it all up!

(2017-2018)
    DD (8/09) SC3
    DS (9/11) SC1
    DD (2/13) -still soaking it up, using Jr. K workbooks and R&S workbooks

Quote Originally Posted by howiecram View Post
    I have not gotten this book yet! What are you fixing? Which book do I need?
    It is one of the SC3 American History Read-Aloud books and scheduled for Week 31.
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    It is one of the SC3 American History Read-Aloud books and scheduled for Week 31.
    Yes, but which Hellen Keller did she get and which should it be? What is Cheryl correcting? I want to make sure I get the correct book that matches my guide when the time comes!
    Christine
    (2016-2017)
    DD (8/09) SC2
    DS (9/11) SC-C

(2017-2018)
    DD (8/09) SC3
    DS (9/11) SC1

Quote Originally Posted by howiecram View Post
    Yes, but which Hellen Keller did she get and which should it be? What is Cheryl correcting? I want to make sure I get the correct book that matches my guide when the time comes!
    Hi, Christine.

The book used in the SC 3 Enrichment Guide, SC Curriculum Manual, and SC Writing Book Two is Helen Keller, by Margaret Davidson. The reading schedule and comprehension questions fit this version. As Michael said, this is scheduled for Week 31.

The book Miah received is Helen Keller: From Tragedy to Triumph, Childhood of Famous Americans, used as an MP teaching resource elsewhere. If anyone already owned this Childhood of ... version and wanted to adapt by creating a reading schedule and comprehension questions, this biography could be used interchangeably with the Scholastic version.

Quote Originally Posted by cherylswope View Post
    Hi, Christine.

The book used in the SC 3 Enrichment Guide, SC Curriculum Manual, and SC Writing Book Two is Helen Keller, by Margaret Davidson. The reading schedule and comprehension questions fit this version. As Michael said, this is scheduled for Week 31.

The book Miah received is Helen Keller: From Tragedy to Triumph, Childhood of Famous Americans, used as an MP teaching resource elsewhere. If anyone already owned this Childhood of ... version and wanted to adapt by creating a reading schedule and comprehension questions, this biography could be used interchangeably with the Scholastic version.
    Ok, perfect. We only ordered the history readers to week 22, so I will make sure to get the right one!
    Christine
    (2016-2017)
    DD (8/09) SC2
    DS (9/11) SC-C

(2017-2018)
    DD (8/09) SC3
    DS (9/11) SC1