Thread: SC C individual lesson plans

Default SC C individual lesson plans

My daughter is working towards completing SC B. My original plan was to have her start Jr. K as I've used that with her older sister and have the whole set. But, I'm now realizing that she's done some of the workbooks with level B. She's done the Rod and Staff Counting with Numbers and the MP Numbers Coloring book. She's also completed the MP Alphabet Coloring Book. This leaves just 4 workbooks in the curriculum, MP Alphabet Books 1 and 2, Scissors book, and Numbers and Colors.

I turned to SC C and I discover that the two Alphabet Books are scheduled here as well and all new math books. So, Id prefer to go with SC C for her.

I was looking to buy just the pdf lesson plans I needed. In the most recent Magalog the curriculum is broken out in 'Phonological Awareness, Phonics and Reading,' 'Enrichment,' and 'Arithmetic / Fine Motor'. But, there are more individual pdfs available online, 'Language' lesson plans and 'Phonics' lesson plans, Math plans, Opening plans, Enrichment plans, etc.

What's the difference? Why are they split? Which do I want in order to cover the 2 Alphabet books and FSR A? Why are two Rod and Staff books listed as Enrichment and not within the Fine Motor schedule?
    Last edited by Colomama; 08-25-2017 at 01:37 AM.
    Married to DH for 11 years. Living the rural life in the Colorado mountains

DS9- Simply Classical 3 / Grade 2 Classic Core, DD6- Grade 1 Classic Core, DD 4- Simply Classical C

Default Re: SC C individual lesson plans

These are very good questions!

The simple answer is "Modules." When we first released A, B, C, we offered plans by subject. Later, in order to customize, we had to regroup some subjects to create Modules that could be substituted level by level. I did not write the levels with Modules in mind, but rather the way they made sense internally to each level. This made the creation of Modules a little like repackaging, and some of those earlier lessons may have never been regrouped. We will redo this, if needed. Thanks for this.

For your own needs:

1. Alphabet Books One and Two -- you need only the Alphabet/Writing pdf.

2. R&S -- They should be listed under the Number Lesson, as should Number Books One and Two. (I will ask the MP office to change this, if it is not this way.) For these, you will need only Number Lesson.

So you should need only two pdfs for those books: Alphabet/Writing and Number Lesson.

Default Re: SC C individual lesson plans

Quote Originally Posted by Colomama View Post
    My daughter is working towards completing SC B. My original plan was to have her start Jr. K as I've used that with her older sister and have the whole set. But, I'm now realizing that she's done some of the workbooks with level B. She's done the Rod and Staff Counting with Numbers and the MP Numbers Coloring book. She's also completed the MP Alphabet Coloring Book. This leaves just 4 workbooks in the curriculum, MP Alphabet Books 1 and 2, Scissors book, and Numbers and Colors.

I turned to SC C and I discover that the two Alphabet Books are scheduled here as well and all new math books. So, Id prefer to go with SC C for her.

I was looking to buy just the pdf lesson plans I needed. In the most recent Magalog the curriculum is broken out in 'Phonological Awareness, Phonics and Reading,' 'Enrichment,' and 'Arithmetic / Fine Motor'. But, there are more individual pdfs available online, 'Language' lesson plans and 'Phonics' lesson plans, Math plans, Opening plans, Enrichment plans, etc.

What's the difference? Why are they split? Which do I want in order to cover the 2 Alphabet books and FSR A? Why are two Rod and Staff books listed as Enrichment and not within the Fine Motor schedule?

Good morning, Colomama.

The MP placement is correct! I just looked more closely. Here is the explanation:

Going on Eagerly (R&S) is placed correctly in Arithmetic & Fine-Motor. We teach from this during the 34 weeks.

Finding the Answers and Hearing and Helping (both R&S) focus less on arithmetic and more on Enrichment topics, though they do involve good practice of fine-motor skills. Both of these are taught during the 8-week review.

You may have already figured out ordering the SC C Individual Lesson Plans you need, but just in case, these are the exact titles:

1. Level C Phonics Lesson Plans

2. Level C Math Lesson Plans

(Level C Language is linked to SC C Enrichment, so you need only the two above.)

Does that help?