Thread: Poetry in 4th for New Users?

Default Poetry in 4th for New Users?

I have looked and looked through the lesson plans and cannot find where poetry is scheduled. Am I missing it somewhere? I see that many poems are suitable for the literature and science of this year, and Poetry for the Grammar Stage came with the package, so I'm assuming it must be scheduled in the guide.
    2017/2018
    Dd 11: MP 6, Third Form Latin
    Ds 9: MP 4 NU, First Form Latin
    Ds 3: Jr. K

Occasionally blogging about our experiences at hungryschooler.com

Default Re: Poetry in 4th for New Users?

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I have looked and looked through the lesson plans and cannot find where poetry is scheduled. Am I missing it somewhere? I see that many poems are suitable for the literature and science of this year, and Poetry for the Grammar Stage came with the package, so I'm assuming it must be scheduled in the guide.
    Poetry for the Grammar Stage is spread over 3rd-7th, with a few poems being covered each year. It will be listed under Literature and/or Science when it is scheduled.

We do have a schedule for 4NU's literature, but it looks like we forgot to add it to the CM. Mea culpa! If you send me an email (michael@memoriapress.com) with your order number, I will add the individual 4th Grade Literature lesson plans to your account. These have the poetry scheduled.
    Michael
    Memoria Press

I did receive the lesson plan pdfs with my order and now I see poetry scheduled in there. I will write it in on my core guide. Thanks!
    2017/2018
    Dd 11: MP 6, Third Form Latin
    Ds 9: MP 4 NU, First Form Latin
    Ds 3: Jr. K

Occasionally blogging about our experiences at hungryschooler.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Poetry for the Grammar Stage is spread over 3rd-7th, with a few poems being covered each year. It will be listed under Literature and/or Science when it is scheduled.

We do have a schedule for 4NU's literature, but it looks like we forgot to add it to the CM. Mea culpa! If you send me an email (michael@memoriapress.com) with your order number, I will add the individual 4th Grade Literature lesson plans to your account. These have the poetry scheduled.
    Good to know! I am planning on ordering 4NU at Sodalitas. Will this be added or should I make sure I also get the PDFs for the literature so we can have poetry? Also, are the poems from the 3rd grade lit selections scheduled or are they skipped over? Thanks!
    ~Michelle

Mom to 3
    DD9 (MP 4)
    DS7 (MP 3)
    DS (born 3-26-16)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Blessings View Post
    Good to know! I am planning on ordering 4NU at Sodalitas. Will this be added or should I make sure I also get the PDFs for the literature so we can have poetry? Also, are the poems from the 3rd grade lit selections scheduled or are they skipped over? Thanks!
    Only the poems in a given year are scheduled within that year's CM. However, if you want to add the poetry from prior years, it's very easy! Just go to the Table of Contents and use the "Related to Classical Core Curriculum" column to see what was studied previously.

We will add the poetry to the 4NU CM as soon as possible. If we cannot format it before Sodalitas, we will provide the literature download I mentioned above.

HTH!
    Michael
    Memoria Press