Thread: Math misprint help needed

Default Math misprint help needed

In the 6th grade Math lesson plans it seems to suggest skipping over lesson 157. My daughter thinks this must be a misprint in the plans, since it is on circle graphs and she will have to do them in the review lessons and test. Is this a misprint or can she indeed, skip? (There were other lessons skipped in the lesson plans here and there- but this one seems important to her) Thank you!

Maria
    DD 11, using 5th grade core with 6th Grade R&S
    DS 9, using 4th Grade for New Users Core

Default Re: Math misprint help needed

We do every lesson and just did the ones on circle graphs that you are talking about last week. They were hard for my daughter, but very valuable in seeing how all these components fit together (percents, angles, and even the newly learned terms about circles from the last chapter). I would not skip them!
    2017/2018
    Dd 11: MP 6, Third Form Latin
    Ds 9: MP 4 NU, First Form Latin
    Ds 3: Jr. K

Occasionally blogging about our experiences at hungryschooler.com

Quote Originally Posted by Maria2 View Post
    In the 6th grade Math lesson plans it seems to suggest skipping over lesson 157. My daughter thinks this must be a misprint in the plans, since it is on circle graphs and she will have to do them in the review lessons and test. Is this a misprint or can she indeed, skip? (There were other lessons skipped in the lesson plans here and there- but this one seems important to her) Thank you!

Maria
    That is definitely a mistake, as we don't want to skip Lesson 157. Thank you for catching this!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    That is definitely a mistake, as we don't want to skip Lesson 157. Thank you for catching this!
    It looks like it says to skip Lesson 158 which is similar content, as well. Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks Michael I have another question- it skips those two lessons I mentioned, then today for Lesson 160 there is a chapter 12 review in the lesson plans. Then the next day it jumps right to Lesson 164 and 165, skipping over the chapter 12 test and Lesson 161-163. Is this also a mistake, or is she supposed to do the test and those unscheduled chapters before stating the year end review? If so it looks like we'll be adding on an extra week of math to the lesson plans, which should work out fine since week 34 is blank for math, anyway. But I am just wondering if there is some good reason for this skipping, and especially the test- that I am not aware of, maybe these topics are excess and they don't need them until next year or something like that?

Thanks Michael I have another question- it skips those two lessons I mentioned, then today for Lesson 160 there is a chapter 12 review in the lesson plans. Then the next day it jumps right to Lesson 164 and 165, skipping over the chapter 12 test and Lesson 161-163. Is this also a mistake, or is she supposed to do the test and those unscheduled chapters before stating the year end review? If so it looks like we'll be adding on an extra week of math to the lesson plans, which should work out fine since week 34 is blank for math, anyway. But I am just wondering if there is some good reason for this skipping, and especially the test- that I am not aware of, maybe these topics are excess and they don't need them until next year or something like that?
    Hello,

When we looked closer at the 6th grade math lesson plans, we found several other errors that seem to have been the result of a formatting issue. We have fixed all these errors, and if you email me at michael@memoriapress.com, I'd be happy to get you a replacement. Please include your MP customer account email and the original order number, if you know it.

HTH!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Hello,

When we looked closer at the 6th grade math lesson plans, we found several other errors that seem to have been the result of a formatting issue. We have fixed all these errors, and if you email me at michael@memoriapress.com, I'd be happy to get you a replacement. Please include your MP customer account email and the original order number, if you know it.

HTH!
    Thank you so much- I'm off to email you...

Sorry I feel like maybe I am being OCD, but I just noticed that on the newly corrected download, lesson 169 and the final test are not scheduled. It just ends on Friday of week 33 with lesson 168. Not a big deal, but just letting you know in case you wanted to correct it!

Sorry I feel like maybe I am being OCD, but I just noticed that on the newly corrected download, lesson 169 and the final test are not scheduled. It just ends on Friday of week 33 with lesson 168. Not a big deal, but just letting you know in case you wanted to correct it!
    It looks like the last page of the PDF was omitted by mistake. We'll get that fixed when we reopen after the holiday. Thank you!
    Michael
    Memoria Press