Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mary
    • May 2015

Oh, dear. I think I did something stupid...again

I ordered all three of my kids' cores last December during the fabulous free shipping event. What can I say? I needed a Box Day fix in the middle of winter. :-)

The problem is that I sat down today to print off all the downloadable tests and quizzes to put into each child's binder...and I can't do it. The links sent to me via email back in December all send me to the 404 Error page. When I log in to my account, I can only see my past orders - I can't get to any downloads.

Please help. I had planned a beautiful day of downloading, printing and organizing. Now I'm just sad, lonely and worried that Paul is going to be very angry with me for breaking the website. Is it okay to ask MICHAEL to help me? He's always very patient and never laughs (out loud) at the predicaments I get myself into. *feeble laugh*
    Mary

DD15 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I & Latin IV + VideoText math
    DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science + CLRC HS Latin I + VideoText math
    DD8 - SC level 2
  • MaggieAnnie
    • Feb 2014

Re: Oh, dear. I think I did something stupid...again

I did the same thing it was the website change over...if you email they should be able to add your printable to your new web account.
    DD - Graduated!
    DS - Graduated!
    DD - Year 9 with remediation/support
    DS - Year 7 with remediation/support

Comment

• Mary
      • May 2015

Great! I'll email on Monday. Should I assume that they'll know the downloads I need based on my order history...or should I have a list handy?
      Mary

DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

• tanya
        MP Representative
        • Feb 2009

Mary,

I believe they can just go into your old acct. and pull the files you need. And if you want to email Michael directly ([email protected]), I'm sure he would be glad to take care of you, and Paul won't even know! Though it seems to me that Paul should have to do this for you ...

Tanya

Comment

• Mary
          • May 2015

You know what, Tanya? I'll call first thing Monday morning and ask specifically for Paul. Then I'll ask him to send me the links, one by one - each in a separate email, for each of the downloads I'll need for the three full cores. While he's doing that, I'll ask if I can be transferred over to Michael, just so I can say hello and shoot the breeze. Then I'll come back to Paul and begin complaining loudly about how long it's taking to download each file. *cracks up laughing*
          Mary

DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

• pschaeffer
            Administrator
            • Oct 2011

It's a roll of the dice who you will get Monday morning as Michael and I have both been traveling this weekend--I may just sleep in Monday morning just so Tanya can take your call! I'm just dying to watch her try to add files to someone's account
            Paul Schaeffer
            --
            Academy Director
            Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

• tanya
              MP Representative
              • Feb 2009

Okay. I deserved that not-so-veiled insult to my tech abilities. But I won't be in the office until Wed., and I would love to help Mary. I think I would upload (download?) her files using CSS and optimization stuff. I want her to have the highest quality files.

If you call on Mon., and Michael isn't in yet, Nathaniel is good with transferring files too. I know you are anxious to get your plannong underway, and I would hate to delay you until Wed., even though the files I would send you would be of far better quality, using CSS and all ...

Tanya

Comment

• tanya
                MP Representative
                • Feb 2009

I do wonder why Jessica hasn't asked me to do a seminar on using MP technology at Sodalitas ...

Comment

• pschaeffer
                  Administrator
                  • Oct 2011

Maybe I'll be sleeping in until Wednesday then!
                  Paul Schaeffer
                  --
                  Academy Director
                  Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

• Mary
                    • May 2015

I am dying over here!

I will wait until Wednesday for high quality files. I have no idea what CSS is but it sounds like something I could brag about at the dinner table with the in-laws. "Hey, my kids are using high-quality CSS files for their tests and quizzes. What flux capacitor are the other grandkids using at their schools? BASIC?"

*I should not be laughing this hard while trying to get the kids ready for church*
                    Mary

DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

• tanya
                      MP Representative
                      • Feb 2009

Here's the kicker - I don't know what CSS is either! But it seems to be a big deal around our office, so I thought I'd try it out for you, Mary. How hard can it be?

Tanya

Comment

• Mary
                        • May 2015

Originally posted by tanya
                        How hard can it be?
                        Tanya, is MP hiring right now? And if so, is the spot right next to your cubicle? I SO want to work in the main office so that we could have loud, uninformed conversations about CSS and accidentally blow things up trying to experiment with it. *cracks up laughing while husband and children look on, worried that Mom has finally lost her mind*
                        Mary

DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

• Michael
                          • Feb 2012

Mary, we will make room for you next to Tanya!

Also, I would love to help you get your files, too. I will not be in the office until Tuesday, though, but as Tanya said, Nathaniel can definitely take care of you tomorrow. This just happens to be a weekend where several of us have been out traveling! In fact, I literally got home about 30 minutes ago!

Comment

• tanya
                            MP Representative
                            • Feb 2009

Michael is so much younger than me. He drives home from a convention in the middle of the night and then answers forum posts! I can't see to drive after dark any more, and my brain quits functioning at 8:00 PM. Sigh.

Mary, people who have sat between Paul and me have suffered collateral damage from the constant pings going back and forth between us all day. Just a forewarning before you pack.

Tanya

Comment

• Mary
                              • May 2015

Originally posted by Michael
                              Mary, we will make room for you next to Tanya!
                              Great! I'll polish my resume!

Technological skills:
                              * Can now comfortably answer smart phone without accidentally changing other settings
                              * Some texting capabilities (but often gets the wrong emoticon - realizes after hitting "send")
                              * Proficient in BASIC, MS DOS - and a real wiz on the Commodore 64!

Interpersonal Skills/Sales experience:
                              * Once talked all three children into trying something cheerfully billed as "whole-bunch-of-stuff-in-a-bowl" (actually several of the week's leftovers artfully arranged in bowls.
                              Tasted terrible.)
                              * Puts together compelling Christmas letter each year, circulated to approx. 80 people (actual readership likely in single digits)
                              * Generally plays well with others.

Originally posted by Michael
                              Also, I would love to help you get your files, too. I will not be in the office until Tuesday, though, but as Tanya said, Nathaniel can definitely take care of you tomorrow. This just happens to be a weekend where several of us have been out traveling! In fact, I literally got home about 30 minutes ago!
                              Welcome back! I'll give you guys a few days to recover before I call to pester about downloads. I won't be attempting to assemble the kids' quiz/test binders again until the weekend, so it's no big deal.
                              Mary

DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Working...