Thread: Online group for selling MP curricula?

Default Online group for selling MP curricula?

Is there a suggested group online that is specifically for selling used Memoria Press curricula?

Default Re: Online group for selling MP curricula?

Not that I know of. I think a lot of people sell on the WTM forum.

Tanya

I also use a group called CATHSWAP on Yahoo groups. It's worth it to join since there are thousands of members and I always manage to sell all my books through there:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...tions/messages

It as a Catholic Curriculum site but there are plenty of MP materials on there. The majority of Catholic homeschoolers use the Form Series for Latin and MP's items seem to go pretty quick on there. You don't have to be Catholic to join.
    PAX,
    Theresa

ds -27-ICU Nurse
    ds -24-Grad school: DeSales U. Physician's Assistant Program
    dd -21-Working and taking online courses for vet tech
    dd -12-7M along with some MPOA classes

"I am a product of long corridors, empty sunlit rooms, upstairs indoor silences, attics explored in solitude, distant noises of gurgling cisterns and pipes, and the noise of wind under the tiles. Also, of endless books." -C.S. Lewis

Would there be interest in having a board here on the forums? (like a FS or Trade) Or is that a violation of TOS or copyright?
    DD #1 : 22, college GRADUATE
    DD #2 : 11 MP 6A, Cottage School, MPOA, and Delectare
    DS #3 : 9, MP2
    DS #4 : 9, MP2
    DD #5: 5, Kindergarten at HLS
    DS #6: 3, cutest caboose on the loose
    http://www.thekennedyadventures.com

There is a Facebook group for selling MP materials.
    DD 14
    DD 16

Quote Originally Posted by klwalukas View Post
    There is a Facebook group for selling MP materials.
    Is it pretty active there? I checked once through my husband's account and there wasn't much on there. I would be interested though if it was. That was a few months ago.
    PAX,
    Theresa

ds -27-ICU Nurse
    ds -24-Grad school: DeSales U. Physician's Assistant Program
    dd -21-Working and taking online courses for vet tech
    dd -12-7M along with some MPOA classes

"I am a product of long corridors, empty sunlit rooms, upstairs indoor silences, attics explored in solitude, distant noises of gurgling cisterns and pipes, and the noise of wind under the tiles. Also, of endless books." -C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictine15 View Post
    Is it pretty active there? I checked once through my husband's account and there wasn't much on there. I would be interested though if it was. That was a few months ago.
    Meh ---- the way they have it set up makes me a little crazy.
    DD #1 : 22, college GRADUATE
    DD #2 : 11 MP 6A, Cottage School, MPOA, and Delectare
    DS #3 : 9, MP2
    DS #4 : 9, MP2
    DD #5: 5, Kindergarten at HLS
    DS #6: 3, cutest caboose on the loose
    http://www.thekennedyadventures.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiannaKennedy View Post
    Would there be interest in having a board here on the forums? (like a FS or Trade) Or is that a violation of TOS or copyright?
    Dianna,

Did you get an answer to this? I think this is a great idea!

MG
    ***2nd grade and 5A cores for 2017-2018***

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." ~ John 16:33
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello.

We choose not to have a board on our website for selling used books. Every now and then, someone posts that they have something used that they are giving away, but there are plenty of other places to buy our books used. And we prefer you to buy them new since you will get the downloads to any appendix material or tests. And we will always replace any books that are damaged. I believe that our customer service warrants a little extra money in purchasing new. We get lots of frustrated calls from people who have bought used books, only to find out that they aren't the latest editions or that they didn't get the complete set they needed. Just trying to minimize those calls!

Tanya

Quote Originally Posted by tanya View Post
    Hello.

We choose not to have a board on our website for selling used books. Every now and then, someone posts that they have something used that they are giving away, but there are plenty of other places to buy our books used. And we prefer you to buy them new since you will get the downloads to any appendix material or tests. And we will always replace any books that are damaged. I believe that our customer service warrants a little extra money in purchasing new. We get lots of frustrated calls from people who have bought used books, only to find out that they aren't the latest editions or that they didn't get the complete set they needed. Just trying to minimize those calls!

Tanya
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. CBD has all the books I want for $3 cheaper and free shipping. I was wondering what the advantages were to buying directly from MP.
    Adrienne, wife to my best friend
    second-generation homeschooler to my four children 11y, 9y, 6y, 6y

The customer service is the best.

Like Tanya said, if you buy from another distributor, you run the risk of getting an older edition. For example, MP just released new spelling programs for 1st and 2nd grade. These will be scheduled in the curriculum guide. But, if you buy from CBD or Rainbow, you more than likely won't get that updated manual.

I can attest to this first hand. I bought my first guide, kindergarten, from somewhere else to save a few bucks. Turns out, kindergarten phonics had been updated and changed. Had I bought my guide from MP, they would've replaced it free of charge. I ended up buying it full price, again. Boo.

I learned my lesson and now buy all of my MP material straight from them. I ordered a SC guide and do to some random printing error, mine didn't come with an appendix. No problem, I had a new one in my hands by the end of the week.

I do buy all of our Readers, read alouds, and science enrichment books as cheaply as I can find them from wherever. The money I save on the enrichment read alouds allows be to buy the science books too.

I will never buy any MP published material from anywhere but MP. Period.
    Married to DH for 11 years. Living the rural life in the Colorado mountains

DS9- Simply Classical 3 / Grade 2 Classic Core, DD7- Grade 1 Classic Core, DD 5- Simply Classical C