Collapse
9 results in 0.0069 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Teaching Multi-Level Latin

KAMOM:

I'm not sure the level of all your students, but here is an approach to teaching muliple levels that is somewhat based on the schedule at Highlands Latin School.

In a large group setting, begin with instruction for the youngest...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Scanlon Latin Texts

The Scanlon texts currently available (in print) are published by TAN Publishers: www.tanbooks.com They sell the set of two books for $27.

Both Latin Grammar and Second Latin (by Scanlon and Scanlon) are available from www.allcatholicbooks.com at a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• rsummers
    replied to Artner Guide
    Artner Guide

Robin:

I am not familiar with the contents of Christine Miller's All Through the Ages, but will give you an overview of what is contained in the Artner Guide.

The history of the United States is divided chronologically into 8 sections. Each...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Correction in previous post

Ame:

Here is some information from a previous post that should answer your question:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bernard
    Lesson 23 the "mongrel" word suburbvoice needs to be split; "suburb" is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• rsummers
    replied to Classical Studies Set
    Introduction to Classical Studies

Maureen:

Hello! I'll try to answer your questions and ask that anyone else with additional information jump in.

The Introduction to Classical Studies Guide contains all the Teacher information needed for reading/teaching...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• rsummers
    replied to memorizing vocabulary
    Illustrated Vocabuary Helps

Hi!

You might have your daughter make a separate vocabulary book similar to the picture dictionaries that younger children use. I have my younger ones illustrate the vocabulary word and place all similar words on the same page. For example,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Suggestions

Linda:

I'll take a stab at answering your question(s) and ask that anyone else jump right in as well.

The Introduction to Classical Studies Guide covers the following three books to be used for three passages or times through (3 consecutive years):...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• rsummers
    replied to Latin-centered curriculum
    Latin + Math Centered Homeschool

Hello....

We have begun a Latin and Math centered curriculum a la Highlands Latin School at our house. We are currently using Prima Latina with DVD's. We do one Latin lesson per week with plenty of review. We are reading Famous Men of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• rsummers
    started a topic English Guides - Availability?

English Guides - Availability?

Hello:

Just wondering how the "Monks" were coming with information about the Highlands Latin School English Guides. Saw that there would be more info January 2004.

~R Summers
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X