Search Result

Collapse
16 results in 0.0055 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• wycheck
    replied to Traditional Logic 1 video needed?
    Thank you!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wycheck
    started a topic Traditional Logic 1 video needed?

Traditional Logic 1 video needed?

Hello. I have an original version of Traditional Logic. It looks pretty self-explanatory. I'm going to purchase the latest version, but am wondering if the video would be helpful for me (an adult). The sample video makes me think it's not necessary. Thank you!
    See more | Go to post

• wycheck
    replied to Stuck on Second Form Latin
    Thanks, momgineer. We used a different Latin program with my son in the early years, so I'm not as familiar with LC. From my perspective, I like the pace of LC because FFL really starts picking up. I, in hindsight, was wishing that I had LC under my belt before going on to FFL. Since I haven't studied...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wycheck
    No, I'm not Tanya. Thanks for the ideas! Do you think 1st and 2nd editions are substantially different for LC? Are the videos the same?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wycheck
    Hello again. We are starting over with SFL, 2nd ed. for my son. My daughter has just reached Lesson 13 (adjectives) in Latina Christiana. I'm wondering if the second edition might be more helpful here, also. I appreciate the short assignments in LC, but I feel that she doesn't get much practice. I have...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wycheck
    Are there any plans for second edition texts? My son wants me to get another FFL text because his is falling apart and he still refers to it a lot. Thanks.
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by wycheck; 09-05-2021, 06:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wycheck
    Which came as a download? Did they come as part of the adult class?

Also, do you know if the pronunciation CD is substantially different from the first ed. since the text is the same? Thank you.
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by wycheck; 09-05-2021, 06:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wycheck
    Question about the second edition: is the student text different from the first? Do we need 2nd ed. workbook, tests, and answer key PLUS teacher's manual and text? Should I just get the basic SFL set? (I don't really want an extra purchase, but God willing there will be at least 3 more children using...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wycheck
    Wow, thanks everyone! Looks like I have another purchase and some work to do. I was hoping to teach myself Logic, but this seems more pressing.

P.S. When did the second edition come out? I bought our SFL last year. I actually bought a workbook for myself, but haven't used it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wycheck
    Jessica,

No, he didn't just start SFL recently. He started before we took a summer break. Maybe it is a matter of new material pointing out what he didn't internalize earlier.

ENBateau,

How are YOU working through the Forms? That sounds like what I need to do....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wycheck
    Hi Jennifer.

Thanks for the tip! I'm using the first edition. Is the second ed. workbook compatible with the first ed. videos? I made the decision to stick with Glen Moore when it came time to purchase SFL.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wycheck
    I think we took almost 2.5 years on FFL. I wanted to make sure that he understood and I had another baby in that time frame. He intellectually matured a lot at the end of last school year. He finished FFL and did the first unit of SFL. I can't remember how long we broke with Latin but it was at least...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wycheck
    Thanks, Jessica! He says it used to be easier for him to do Latin to English but now they both feel hard. His vocabulary is good, he gets the endings incorrect. I think if he had a better teacher he'd probably get it. I'm hoping that he can finish this form by the end of the year so he can do an online...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wycheck
    started a topic Stuck on Second Form Latin

Stuck on Second Form Latin

Hello. I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I'm not even sure what to search for.

My 8th-grade son is working through Second Form Latin. He seems to understand the Word Study and Grammar and Declension sections, does pretty well on Form Drills, but struggles on the Translations....
    See more | Go to post

• wycheck
    replied to Moving to next level
    Thanks, Abigail. I will.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X