No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
10 results in 0.0049 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Both of my now-adult children did Saxon Algebra I-II and Advanced Math in 8th-10th and then were able to test into college-level math and take dual credit courses in 11th-12th. They were well-prepared for these classes, and made As in all their science and math courses (except for one Accounting class)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I totally understand! I started off so sold on CM method. We used a combo of SL/WTM, added in all sorts of living books for science and history, and tried SL LA and English for the Thoughtful Child and borrowed book lists and ideas from a half dozen CM companies. Sadly, I realized after a few years...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• qlauraq
    replied to Prima Latina Recitation
    Thank you! My old LC TGs are up in the attic and I don't think I could have found them quickly, and who knows if I've even kept them this long???...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Copybook Cursive I -- transition to wide rule from primary ruled

I didn't see any explicit instructions on this, so please pardon if I missed it--I promise I read the front of the book!

Once the book transitions from primary ruled (3 lines with middle line dashed) to wide ruled, should they fill the entire line with upper case letters and skip every...
    See more | Go to post

• qlauraq
    started a topic Prima Latina Recitation

Prima Latina Recitation

I was watching an older PL/LC Sodalitas video, and the instructors say to start with Recitation. I pulled out my new PL TG (can no longer find my very old original) and it doesn't discuss Recitation that I can see. By Recitation, do they mean just to do a cumulative flashcard review in a Recitation...
    See more | Go to post

• Good list of reading books by reading level?

Long, long ago I had a few go-to lists of good children's list roughly sorted by difficulty. Fast-forward and I think my google-fu is broken because I'm only finding lists of really awful children's books, mostly modern drivel like Junie B Jones, books with show/toy tie-ins, etc. Help!! I have a 6 yo...
    See more | Go to post

• I found some dry-erase tracing books (they had upper and lower case, numbers and shapes) that we used. I subbed fat dry-erase markers and was careful to watch for correct grip. Crayola also makes dry-erase crayons that are fat like their primary crayons, and these also work really well for these books,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• qlauraq
    replied to School Day Lunches
    I cook breakfast and dinner, so I need fast and easy for lunch, too!! Here's a few typical school-day lunches. I also save leftovers with dinner, but mostly my husband and I eat those. The only time the littlest human eats those is if they are pasta.

Yogurt, Fruit, Bread (I keep croissants...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Virtual Sol/TT recorded sessions and plenary sessions

Okay, so I can see links to watch *all* the Sodalitas track's recorded videos today, not just the ones for the track I chose. Am I able to watch alternate tracks after the conference, not just the chosen track?

Also, I know the TT pre-conference sessions are not virtual, but will they be...
    See more | Go to post

• When we did Saxon I had my kids do only half the problems, eg only the odds. I would circle the ones they missed and see if they could figure out how they messed up and give them a chance to correct their own errors. I would give back one point for each error they could correct on their own, and no...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X