28 results in 0.0067 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Rayburn Girls
    started a topic Literature Guide Vocabulary

Literature Guide Vocabulary

As Im preparing for next year, I am noticing a swap in how the teacher guides suggest doing the vocabulary. What are the pros/cons of having your student read and define with a synonym as they go along verses looking the vocab up before reading? It seems more fluid to define ahead of time like it...
    See more | Go to post

• I have a 1st and 2nd and do a 4 day week. I am blessed that we attend a classical enrichment program on Fridays where they do Geography, History, Bible, Creative Writing, Logic, Music, Latin, Science, and Art. It is a crammed and packed day but the kids have so much fun. Obviously it isn't mastery,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rayburn Girls
    replied to Literature
    Thank you for the feedback. It is greatly appreciated. I have noticed the things you mentioned when allowing her to do things on her own. Transition from sentence to sentence is difficult. She can do it when she slows down but I will be more hands on. Thank you for all the help. I am not a teacher...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rayburn Girls
    replied to Speed drills
    Oh, this is way better! Thank you. And for the suggested flow of it. I love the idea of having them work on the same one each week. I will re-order.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rayburn Girls
    replied to Literature
    Ok, thank you all so much. Glad to have the added insight I am doing it as we should. I have not read the book myself, so this one she is actually reading with me. Thank you for the support, Additionally, I would like to ask how much of the enrichment activities is sufficient. I want to do what...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rayburn Girls
    started a topic Literature

Literature

Hello all, I need some help with literature. We have just started Mr. Poppers Penguins at the end of my daughters 2nd grade year. She is an older 2nd grader with a September birthday and has always been rather advanced, esp with reading and reading comprehension. She sailed through some of the earlier...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Rayburn Girls; 03-14-2022, 11:15 PM. Reason: Edited to add a couple of thoughts...

• Rayburn Girls
    replied to Speed drills
    Tanya, I know it has only been 4 months since you last commented, but just wondering if you had a better idea if MMC for 3rd would be available for the fall. We have loved this resource and it has been so helpful. If not, Enbateau, where do you find the resource you mentioned above? I ordered 3rd...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Understood Betsy comes to mind. It's a little post pioneer, where in some countries and places there are cars and such. But she goes to a place where horse and buggies are still the main mode of transportation. Lots of stories from pioneer life and this family still does a lot of their own "pioneering."...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rayburn Girls
    started a topic courage of Sarah Noble

courage of Sarah Noble

• We have been reading The Courage of Sarah Noble and are at the point where it is suggesting an extension activity to learn more about the Indians in that area during this time. The resources on this topic seem abundant and I am having a hard time narrowing down what may be a solid resource. Not to
    See more | Go to post

• The scripture and poetry memorization comes from the copy book of each grade. So each week you will just review orally all poetry and scripture learned thus far....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I should add as well we delayed Latin for a year so my girls who are a year apart in school can do it together. At least that’s the plan. Lol. Sounds wonderful to me but I have to remember some things my oldest is ready for is totally understandable with her September birthday, and although my youngest...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thank you ladies for the great advice. It seems we are doing it all pretty well. We came from LoE for phonics so both my girls understand syllabication pretty well and can identify how many are in a word. But sometimes I even struggle with the “rule” of where the break may be. For example, flake...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• How to teach syllibication and question on 2nd grade lit

Hello mommas!! i have a couple of questions that I don't feel like have been clearly communicated for me to feel I am doing it properly. I apolgize in advance for typos. I am doing this in bed and I must have left my glasses downstairs and do not want to go get them. I cam barely read what I am...
    See more | Go to post

• Rayburn Girls
    replied to Staggered Start
    We did this this year and it has been great. We started spelling 4 weeks before anything else because honestlly, it is easy for my girls to be self-led for the most part. So it was important to re-establish the rhythm and expectations. Then we split the rest of the subjects over the next few weeks....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rayburn Girls
    replied to Math Drills
    Thank you! This would be for the Memoria Math Challenge!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X