No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
69 results in 0.0348 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• If we do 4A/5M Lit, what would be a reasonable substitute for “The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe?” My kids have that book basically memorized! I was considering “The Blue Fairy Book” or “Twenty-One Balloons,” but I’ve not read either of those books to judge difficulty!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thank you so much, Tanya! My incoming-6th grader is not proving self-motivated in many subjects this year, so I’m trying to find a way to keep a little closer to her. She did other books this year (some from 7M and others that her aunt just wanted to teach) so I’m even contemplating 4A/5M Lit for...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Considering combining 4th/6th grade subjects

I’m continually working to streamline my schedule while meeting each child where they are. Prior to this year, my oldest two did Story of the World together, as well as science and States & Capitals last year. They are a solid two school grades apart, though my younger son is more advanced for...
    See more | Go to post

• We used to be at a hybrid style school that was classical, but not significantly MP. It was a wonderful blessing to us, because they taught 2 days/wk and I did not have to design curriculum, do craft projects in my house, handle significant grading, etc; all I did was teaching my children at home three...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CarrieAnne
    replied to Adding Elementary Greek?
    enbateau, thanks, again! I’m glad that I can see how smoothly Greek Alphabet goes next year before deciding for sure on Elementary Greek in 5th grade. My oldest really wants to study French, but I know for sure with her I will wait until 4FL at the earliest - and probably longer since that will be...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CarrieAnne
    replied to Where do I fit in?
    I could have written this about my little boy when he was 4. He needed to spend hours each day running, climbing trees, wrestling, etc, but he was reading fluidly very young, had excellent recall, had an obvious aptitude for math (not a genius but quite capable), and hated being bored. Now he’s 8...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CarrieAnne
    replied to How does poetry work?
    We have some similar to the previous post, though my kindergartener (and my 3-yr-old) are memorizing all the poems this year in addition to the Copybook Bible verses and short poems. I don’t “test” it, we just recite the new one every day and review old poems frequently during recitations. ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CarrieAnne
    replied to Adding Elementary Greek?
    enbateau, thanks for your perspectives! I am going to have to focus carefully on Greek Alphabet this year, because I don’t know it at all! My older student is in SFL this year, so I have a good idea what that entails (and I’m doing the workbook also, alongside her). I knew it was much too soon to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CarrieAnne
    started a topic Adding Elementary Greek?

Adding Elementary Greek?

I have a current 3rd grader who is very interested in learning Greek. His path this year looks a lot like the 3A lesson plans (including 1-yr LC which he completes with ease) and we plan to largely follow 4A next year including FFL. I have some pause about my summer-birthday-boy and all the writing...
    See more | Go to post

• CarrieAnne
    replied to Registration 2022
    I’ve thought about it! But I’m so far behind in my vocabulary memorization from SFL! I understand the content well, but rely extensively on my book where my poor tired brain hasn’t memorized nearly adequately enough. I’ve started using quizlet to drill myself on my phone when I’m putting the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CarrieAnne
    replied to Famous Men or Mills?
    I couldn’t agree more! I have someone who loves my kid as much as I do, and who is more qualified than me to instruct her in Literature, all from the comfort of our own homes (500 miles apart)....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CarrieAnne
    Thanks for the extra context, Jessica! My daughter has not connected to the stories in this book or really cared about remembering any of it, just not finding it interesting. I’ve started devoting the time to do almost everything with her, just requiring her to pre-read (and we re-read together) and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• We have used literature for short essay writing, generally focusing on discussion or enrichment questions that I think are important (or will be on tests!). For example, while reading Mr Popper’s Penguins, we read about penguins and pelicans, made a Venn diagram with the information we learned, then...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CarrieAnne
    Thanks! I’ll save Mills for 9th grade. Looks like it’s listed with Literature that year, which must be why I didn’t notice it looking ahead in the courses!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CarrieAnne
    started a topic Famous Men or Mills?

Famous Men or Mills?

My 5th grader is finishing up Famous Men of Rome this year, and she really does not care for it. She is learning just fine and I’ve adjusted my routine to make sure we read the book together each week. We have found ways to get through, but it’s a slog. I’m okay with that but it’s not my first...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X