Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Jnmelch
    started a topic Typing CC work

Typing CC work

Hello,
    Is there a good age/grade level to begin allowing students to type their work for CC? Would it be acceptable to have them edit a paraphrase directly in a document in order to form a final draft from what they have already written or should they be starting fresh? Understanding of course...
    See more | Go to post

• Jnmelch
    replied to What to do next?
    smithamykat and enbateau Thank you, both of your comments are very helpful!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Jnmelch
    started a topic What to do next?

What to do next?

Bear with me here as this will be a multi-faceted question! I am beginning to work on forming a loose plan for next year. There are several areas where I am just not sure what the best course to take would be and I'm hoping to gather some good suggestions and guidance as far as where to go from here,...
    See more | Go to post

• Jnmelch
    started a topic First Start Reading lesson plans

First Start Reading lesson plans

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas!

I need some guidance with the kindergarten First Start Reading lesson plans. We just started on book D the other week and all of a sudden, the lesson plans are jumping all over the book and are confusing to me. For example, yesterday we did Thursday of...
    See more | Go to post

• Jnmelch
    replied to Elementary Greek
    Mom2mthj and pickandgrin Thank you for this dose of reality and kind advice. I am thinking we will probably set it aside for now unless they want to do it for fun on their own. I must say, I so appreciate coming to this forum and being able to seriously discuss topics like Greek for grammar school...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Jnmelch
    started a topic Elementary Greek

Elementary Greek

Hello, I am back with another question, this time about Greek! For those who have added it to their course load- what grade did you add it in, did you start with Elementary Greek or First Form, and realistically how much extra time did it take? I desperately would love for my children to have the ability...
    See more | Go to post

• Jnmelch
    started a topic Re-reading literature novels

Re-reading literature novels

What do you do when you need to pick literature selections and realize that your kids have already read them all? Multiple times. For example, my girls have each read The Hobbit 4 times, Treasure Island 3 times, and Tom Sawyer and Anne of Green Gables at least twice, maybe more. I'm telling myself that...
    See more | Go to post

• Thankyou, this is all helpful!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Jnmelch
    started a topic Rod and Staff math lesson plans

Rod and Staff math lesson plans

Hello friends,

I am back with another question. This forum has been so helpful to me and I love just scrolling the topics and reading all of the wise responses! I will have to get my self down to Sodalitas one of these years and meet some of you!

As I am getting all of my ducks...
    See more | Go to post

• Anita Thankyou for taking the time to share all this with me😃 This is Golden information! I love your husbands idea about Washington’s maxims by the way….I too have a son who struggles with diligence and perseverance. I just may implement it in here😆
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Prep for school year and education for mom!

Hi everyone,

I’m pretty new to posting myself on the forum, but I often lurk in the shadows and love learning from all the great discussions that happen here😃

I am wondering what everyone has found is the best way to prepare yourself for each new year while continuing...
    See more | Go to post

• Thank you everyone for your guidance! Your comments are all very helpful and practical, especially since I haven't used R&S arithmetic before. I remember struggling through division as a kid because I hadn't mastered multiplication, and that is an experience I wouldn't wish on anyone else! Also,the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Jnmelch
    started a topic Multiplication facts didn't stick

Multiplication facts didn't stick

My daughter (9, 4th grade) completed MathUSee Gamma last year, which focuses on multiplication. We got through it, but i do not feel that she has mastered her multiplication tables. The next level, Delta, focuses on division. After completing the first two lessons, I am questioning the wisdom of pushing...
    See more | Go to post

• Excellent, thanks for that suggestion! I'll look into the Level 3 books. I think it is a chronology issue- we followed a four year history cycle in past years, but our personal cycle got thrown off when we joined our co-op, and a large chunk of history was missed. So they have nowhere to place what...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thank you, that is helpful! I want to challenge them but not overwhelm them and sometimes it's hard to find that balance. I will try going over looking for specific things in the chapters before they read....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X