Collapse
73 results in 0.0350 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• HartFamily06
    replied to Notice on New Editions?
    tanya I am getting ready to order during free shipping month but wondering if any new editions are in the works for the following curriculum:

3rd Form Latin
    Classical Studies 1
    Traditional Logic 1 and 2
    English Grammar Recitation

Thank you so much!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• howiecram we tried IEW Fun and Fascinating but it was a fight so I switched over to CAPs Fable and we are doing that for 3rd. I love the thought of them gaining some skills from IEW (I think a couple years of IEW really helped my older daughter!) but they were resistant to me teaching them. As such,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• IEW before Classical Composition?

I am thinking about MPOA fable for my rising twin 4th graders. They are both reluctant writers so my original plan was to have them do a couple years of IEW and then jump in, in 6th grade with Fable/Narrative. My hope is IEW would give them good outlining skills and help them gain writing confidence....
    See more | Go to post

• Third Form Latin Translation Supplement

I just saw this course listed on MPOA. Is someone able to give me a description? I have a daughter who will be taking 3rd Form through MPOA this coming year. Can she take this course along with the main course? Translation is hard for her and this sounds like it could be a great supplement for her....
    See more | Go to post

• HartFamily06
    replied to Guerber US History with MPOA?
    tanya may be very helpful here 😌
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• HartFamily06
    replied to Guerber US History with MPOA?
    sjtharris we ended up doing Guerber at home this year. It ended up being too much schedule wise to juggle with her other online classes. That said, we have enjoyed doing it at home and it is a great course to cover the bases of American History (and very doable at home.)

I completely understand...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Beorn thank you for the advice! These are really great things to consider! I appreciate you highlighting the benefit of “thinking like a scientist.” I really see the value in that mentality and I don’t think she has developed that very strongly yet. I appreciate your help!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Wow, thank you! This was just the response I was hoping for! Thank you for the questions to think through as well as sharing your personal experience. Science feels so tricky to me as there seems to be so many different ways to order it. Thank you, again!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Science question, again 🤷‍♀️

I am back with science questions (and posted this to K-8 board as well.) I am in need of wisdom from experienced homeschool moms. I am thinking over the possibility of having my rising 8th grade daughter skip Physical Science (and Intro to Physics) and jumping straight into Biology starting the high...
    See more | Go to post

• HartFamily06
    started a topic Skipping Physical Science?

Skipping Physical Science?

I am back with science questions. I am in need of wisdom from experienced homeschool moms. I am thinking over the possibility of having my rising 8th grade daughter skip Physical Science (and Intro to Physics) and jumping straight into Biology starting the high school sequence of Biology-Chemistry-Physics...
    See more | Go to post

• HartFamily06
    replied to Novare science
    Esther thank you for sharing! As a follow-up question can you share how you would align math with your science sequencing? For example, would you pair Algebra 1 with Introductory Physics and continue on from there? I am trying to figure out the best science path for my science/math minded daughter who...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• HartFamily06
    replied to 2022-2023 Course Offerings
    pschaeffer Thank you! For everyone waiting (like me), a couple of classes posted today with a “waitlist” option. Times/days are posted for those couple classes (I am sure you all share my excitement!) 🥳
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• HartFamily06
    replied to 2022-2023 Course Offerings
    pschaeffer please forgive me, but my impatience is getting the best of me. Have you all settled on a date that the 2022-2023 will be posted to the website? Thank you in advance! I know you all are working hard to make this happen and I greatly appreciate all of you!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• HartFamily06
    replied to Algebra 1
    Thank you all so much for your wisdom and input!! I appreciate you all so much!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• HartFamily06
    replied to Algebra 1
    Mom2mthj Thank you! Do the videos include instruction on the concepts? On average, how much one on one teaching time is required per lesson. My daughter is a strong math student but definitely needs some hand holding when introduced to a new topic.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X