No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
72 results in 0.0368 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• I’ll throw in my two cents as a first time high school parent.

My daughter will be in ninth grade next year and I struggled with the science question. We finally settled on Biology for grade 9, but we went with Devotional Biology instead of Holt. We did get the Holt book ($12 from Thriftbooks)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kristi B
    started a topic Middle School science question

Middle School science question

My daughter has just finished 8th grade and looking back, I think I want to change up how we did science when my son enters middle school in another year. My daughter started using MP in seventh grade, so we did Trees/Biology in grade 7, and then Novare Physical Science in grade 8. Physical Science...
    See more | Go to post

• We are trying to "end" by the end of May but we carry math and Latin through the summer anyway, taking breaks for summer camp and family trips. And then we start up "for real" in early August. She is on week 13 in Second Form....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• This is all SO SO helpful. What if we were to switch from the Forms now (she is halfway through Second Form)? Would you recommend finishing Second Form instead?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kristi B
    replied to Henle after Third Form??
    This is extremely helpful to me, as my daughter is struggling to complete Second Form - I don't think it is the content that is difficult, it is just dragging and she tends to take two weeks to finish a lesson instead of one. She is in eighth grade and I've been contemplating switching her to Henle...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Questions about Latin (or other languages) for high school

The backstory:

My daughter is a rising ninth grader. We were introduced to MP's Forms series for Latin when she was in fifth grade. We jumped into an online class (not MPOA) halfway through First Form, mistakenly believing that the Latin memory work she had been doing since Kindergarten...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Kristi B; 04-11-2022, 12:25 PM.

• Kristi B
    replied to Lingua Angelica
    So I'm now looking at the plans in the Forms Teacher Guides and I'm excited to introduce my children to these songs! My daughter is halfway through Second Form right now, and my son will begin First Form in the fall, for fifth grade. What would be the best way to do this? I'm thinking of just having...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hello! As Jen said, we also transitioned to MP from CC. We left CC three years ago when my kids had finished grades 1 and 5, did a very eclectic year after that for grades 2 and 6, and began MP in grades 3 and 7.

My daughter is now in 8th grade. She does the full 8th grade core EXCEPT that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kristi B
    Tanya, THANK YOU! I've obviously never read that part of the Teacher manuals for First or Second Form!! I'm excited to use this. We treat Latin like math - we just keep on doing it, take breaks when life calls for them, and then pick it up again all year round so they don't forget everything on break....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kristi B
    I had not seen that! So good to know it is out there. Thank you!!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• History of Early Sacred Music questions

For those who have used Professor Carol's History of Early Sacred Music, how have you arranged the assignments? Do you watch the video first, and then read? The syllabus on Professor Carol's website isn't clear and there are no lesson plans on the MP website. How many "lessons" does one unit...
    See more | Go to post

• Kristi B
    started a topic Lingua Angelica

Lingua Angelica

I purchased Lingua Angelica I to use with my son next year when he is in First Form Latin. Now I'm looking it over and I have many questions.

1. Is this only while studying First Form? I see that some of the songs have grammatical forms introduced in Second and Third Form Latin.
    See more | Go to post

• Kristi B
    started a topic Questions about Greek

Questions about Greek

I'm very interested in my children (currently in grades 4 and 8) learning Greek for two main reasons: 1) to help them as they use word study guides for the New Testament, and to give them a head start on reading and understanding Biblical Greek, and 2) for general vocabulary. I'm sure there are other...
    See more | Go to post

• Kristi B
    replied to Tenth grade core
    Ha, I had completely forgotten! Thank you!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kristi B
    started a topic Tenth grade core

Tenth grade core

I was looking at the tenth grade core, and was confused. The core package shows history of Medieval Europe, but the sample from the lesson plan book shows US History. Which one is recommended for that grade?

I’m trying to figure out a basic plan for my daughter who will begin high school...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X