No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
57 results in 0.0103 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Oooo, R&S grammar plans... My disinclination for anything not already planned out is the ONLY reason we aren't using R&S English which I LOVE. This muddies the waters a little for me!! I guess I will just have to deal with the blessing of having options....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Emily L
    started a topic What's on your white board?

What's on your white board?

I recently bought a calendar white board and a plain white board and put them up, with the expectation of using them for calendar time with my K and 2nd grader, and for putting up the art cards and manners card. But now I just found myself back in possession of my old 3'x5' giant white board and now...
    See more | Go to post

• I just want to throw it out there, that if your child is a rising 2nd grader and yet you're not 100% sure he or she is ready for all the 2nd grade lit, there is a modified set of lesson plans and materials they can set you up with, that combines More Storytime Treasures and the Christmas little house...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Emily L
    replied to Where do I fit in?
    Everyone has already said a lot of great stuff. I just wanted to briefly "upvote" the idea of keeping an official "grade level" by the state's measure and then doing whatever core/materials you want. If he knows he is "in PreK4" this year, and K the next, and 1st the next,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Emily L
    started a topic How does poetry work?

How does poetry work?

Hi there! Can someone explain how poetry works? I have these 4 new cores, and it seems to be a little different for each grade. The K and 2 seem like there are poems to read each week, but not necessarily memorize, but then there are Copybook verses (and maybe poems?) that are supposed to be memorized?...
    See more | Go to post

• Emily L
    replied to Prima Latina for 1st grader?
    My experience is in doing Song School Latin with a preK and Kindergartener. I would say adding vocab (5 words at a time, reinforced by songs) was fun and enjoyable for us, and very "impressive" for family members sceptical of homeschooling. But almost all of it was lost by the preK child -...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Emily L
    replied to Classics Unraveled
    Is this going to be a podcast as well or just on YouTube?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Emily L
    started a topic Help! Online spelling practice!

Help! Online spelling practice!

I've seen a lot of people on this forum recommend Spelling City for online spelling practice, either for the summer or as a way to free up some time for moms of many. So I went to sign up for it, only to discover it has been bought out by Learning A-Z which essentially destroyed it. The reviews for...
    See more | Go to post

• If you use MP products, it only makes sense to go with the MP program. We are about halfway through W&R (finishing book 5 with my eldest). From what I have seen, the MP program is much more "classical" in the sense that it isn't just going through the progym stages (fable, narrative, etc)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Emily L
    replied to Organization
    I'm in organizing mode at the moment myself.

For curriculum that isn't in use at the moment, I store it in magazine files (pretty cardboard ones) on a different book shelf away from the school room.

For current curriculum, I have the "connecting translucent storage bins"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I'm new to MP too. I have always used math Mammoth and love it. However, my kids have definitely struggled with automaticity, and it has simply never come naturally as they get older. Unfortunately it just has to be reviewed and drilled. I would suggest Xtra Math if the conceptual stuff is going well...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hey if you've got stuff in your cart, I will just add -- as someone who just ordered a huge massive ton for 4 cores -- that it is totally worth it to get on the phone and do it through MP's customer service reps. They will customize things for you, add in supplemental digital plans for free, give you...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Emily L
    replied to Homeschooling many
    CarrieAnne Ha! That was a teaser. What tweaks did you settle on?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• For Core Skills: the manual specifically says these pages are optional. So if you're worried about too many workbooks along with EGR and a new composition program, you can feel free to skip for now with the MP folks' blessing.

For composition: we are doing 4NU for my daughter next year,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Emily L
    replied to Lingua Angelica
    We do religion of some type every day, but I have struggled with finding catechism materials I really enjoy. I decided to slot this LA program into "religion" instead of Latin. My son listens to the song and does the translation, and then does the parsing with the teacher manual open. It's...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X