Search Result

Collapse
31 results in 0.0193 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Arrowmama
    started a topic Geography Country Flags?

Geography Country Flags?

We are starting Geography II and I just noticed that the country flags are not in an appendix, as they are in Geo I. We are using the same set of flashcards and I'm wondering where to find more country flags, besides googling. Thank you!
    See more | Go to post

• I appreciate this insight, Molly! I didn't think about older students making more connections, and how our discussions may be more insightful at this age.

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thank you for this advice, Amy! You're right, Greek Myths is pretty rich. I would love to read the selection in class, but I'm worried we'll run out of time for discussion and activities. When my third grader and I went through it, we spent 40 minutes or so on everything. She had a lot of questions....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thank you so much for your response, Jessica! It packed with so much wisdom that I needed time to research! I have ordered Metamorphosis and will read it this summer. I appreciate the suggestion to use it! We are doing Greek Myths the first year and Famous Men of Greece in year 2. I like the idea of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Arrowmama
    started a topic Teaching Greek Myths and Geography

Teaching Greek Myths and Geography

I posted this in the Cottage School forum, but I'm hoping someone here has done this at home or in a co-op and can advise me. I am starting a 2 year classical program for middle school students, grades 5-8. My one concern is I will only have 30 minutes of class time per subject, once a week.
    See more | Go to post

• Teaching Greek Myths and Geography

Hello! I am starting a cottage school this fall. It is a 2 year classical program for middle school students, grades 5-8. There is a wonderful Great Books tutorial for high schoolers in our area (my eldest attends), and we hope to prep our middle schoolers for that program. We have accepted 10 students...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Arrowmama; 05-06-2021, 01:54 AM.

• Arrowmama
    started a topic Hotel and Tips

Hotel and Tips

Greetings! I am registered for my first Sodalitas and am very excited! I’m flying in from California and it will also be my first time visiting Kentucky. I see the few hotels blocked for the conference, but any personal recommendations would be great. I am also wondering the best mode of transportation...
    See more | Go to post

• Arrowmama
    replied to On Creativity with Fable
    Thank you, Abigail! Yes, she loves Fable and writing in general. I appreciate your feedback more than you know. These guidelines are exactly what I needed! I agree with your caveat for Scripture, and will use that, as well. We will keep moving forward with all of your advice in mind. Happy New Year...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Arrowmama
    replied to On Creativity with Fable
    @enbateau Thank you for your reply! I appreciate hearing how others are doing this....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Arrowmama
    started a topic On Creativity with Fable

On Creativity with Fable

Hello friends, I would appreciate feedback on my 4A daughter’s writing. We just completed lesson 5 of Fable and this is her final draft. She has been coming up with some pretty creative takes on the fable stories. I have attached the latest, the shortest one she’s written. Some have been three pages...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Arrowmama; 12-24-2020, 03:07 PM.

• Arrowmama
    replied to Fungi
    Thank you Tanya!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Arrowmama
    started a topic Fungi

Fungi

Hello! My 4A daughter has requested to study mushrooms (fungi), but I’m curious if it’s at all covered in the trees study down the road. It will help me decide how much to cover now. Thank you!
    See more | Go to post

• Arrowmama
    replied to Summer Plans
    We usually do a little Latin review and keep going on math at a slower pace during the summer. I have a list they need to finish before they can have the screen, for days we’re not out and about at camps, volunteering, or the beach. It includes reading, a creative activity, quality time with siblings...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Arrowmama
    replied to 3A to 4A Items
    howiecram Thank you, Christine! Several of the books look good enough to read for fun, but I'll skip the guides. I had considered doing mammals in the summer, so I think I will after all. We haven't done any animal studies (I know we don't "need to"), but a couple of trips to the zoo proved...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• That is very encouraging! Thank you. I see my teen getting better at it, but she has a ways to go. It looks like more time and maturity will help. Though, when she needs to be somewhere she wants to be, or the task will result in something she is passionate about, she is very on top of things. Othe...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X