Search Result

Collapse
93 results in 0.0421 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Amanda U
    replied to Discount for Virtual Attendees?
    Ah, that makes sense! I think I was really hoping for finding some kind of discount after I realized the cost of shipping my order. For the first time, I may have to order from other distributors due to the shipping cost....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Amanda U
    started a topic Discount for Virtual Attendees?

Discount for Virtual Attendees?

Hi,
    Does anyone know that signing up for the virtual option for the conference enable discounted shipping?
    I intend to check out the conference likely virtual (but trying for in person). I've heard that conference attendees receive discounted shipping?
    I would like to place my order...
    See more | Go to post

• Thank you so much for the responses!

This was very helpful
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Science Lessons: Exploring Series with Book of Series

Hi,
    Can someone share how the Book of Birds, Trees, Insects are set up? As well as the Exploring series?

I noticed that Book of Birds is scheduled with Exploring the History of Medicine and the following year is Book of Trees and Exploring the World of Biology. Are these covered throughout...
    See more | Go to post

• Amanda U
    replied to Teaching Cursive
    Thank you for the responses! I appreciate hearing others' experiences.
    I had decided it was important to learn cursive when starting homeschooling but stumbled on discussions of teaching it first. Then, when looking at various cursive programs, I was surprised at the variance in style! (I understand...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Amanda U
    started a topic Teaching Cursive

Teaching Cursive

Hi,
    Are there any articles or information you could share on how/why MP developed their cursive writing program?

I'm curious as the cursive MP teaches takes out many cursive letters altogether.

From my very basic research when I first dove into homeschooling, it seems...
    See more | Go to post

• Shane S & Beorn Thank you for the kind words! Overall, I think the program has done well, especially for the first year. We have the support of our church and pastors; we are blessed.
    I tend to worry how feeling overwhelmed for the few students (and parents) not doing the work feel in class....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Homeschool Not Done at Home

I help lead a two day a week homeschool program that meets Mondays and Thursdays (ages 6-14ish is all day, mostly MP core plus some high school level classes a la carte). As our first year going two days focusing on more core subjects, we knew there would be growing pains. (Previously the church had...
    See more | Go to post

• Amanda U
    replied to Notice on New Editions?
    tanya Hi - I have a student that finally purchased the FMR book from MP just recently. (Her family had purchased a used book that was not helpful but finally purchased directly from MP.) Our small class has the second edition books while she has the third.

When did the switch happen? Another...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Amanda U
    replied to Literature Test Grading
    If you're new to the literature guides (and your child is, too), I would ease into being more particular with grading. That age level is still learning how to take a test, how to study, etc.
    When I grade my son's work, I don't even think he sees a number grade. We do spend more time going over...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Amanda U
    started a topic Notice on New Editions?

Notice on New Editions?

Hi,
    Is there any type of announcements when new editions are available and/or when they start shipping?

I've noticed that Famous Men of Rome must have just recently released a new edition. As I've purchased FMR in the last few months with the second edition, are there more of those...
    See more | Go to post

• Hi,
    Thanks for the clarification. All the quizzes have generic, unrelated sentences, so it looked odd seeing the vocabulary usage questions in all one literature theme on a not yet read selection.
    I'll look closer at the vocabulary next time!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lion, Witch, Wardrobe Final Exam Error

I'm not sure if I missed a correction posted, but I just saw that on the final exam for Lion, Witch, Wardrobe the first page test questions appear to be from the Odyssey.

Is there a correction page for this exam?

The error is in the manual for the student and instructor pages...
    See more | Go to post

• Amanda U
    started a topic Recommendations for math facts app?

Recommendations for math facts app?

Hi,
    Does anyone have recommendations for an app for math facts? I would love to set up specific facts for my children at different levels. We've used Quizlet and like that. Anything like that for math?

Thanks!
    See more | Go to post

• Amanda U
    replied to Printing LC Sheets
    We often used notebook paper. Vocab at the top divided by Latin and English, saying and/or prayer line towards the bottom, and grammar drill (whatever's being studied) on the back. Then he would have space to rewrite any misspellings.

Sometimes I would write out the chart for the grammar...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X