Collapse
43 results in 0.0052 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• mgrace
    replied to Kindergarten Reading Help
    Thank you both for the assistance! enbateau, your tips were so helpful. I was having her watch my lips very closely, but I will have her put her hand to her throat and use the mirror. I think those things make such a difference when you can't hear the sounds clearly. We've also been using her lined...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Emily,

We started homeschooling our children when my middle daughter was in first grade. She seemed to be lagging behind in Kindergarten and Pre-First, even though she was very verbal and bright. We discovered that she needed eye therapy and after educational testing that she also has...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mgrace
    started a topic Kindergarten Reading Help

Kindergarten Reading Help

My youngest daughter just turned six September 30, and I started the Memoria Press Kindergarten program in mid-August. We're almost to the end of the First Start Reading Book A, and I'm not sure she's ready to move on. If we isolate the word families (am, at, an) and work with one word family at a...
    See more | Go to post

• mgrace
    replied to NLE Question
    Thank you both! That's very helpful information.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mgrace
    started a topic NLE Question

NLE Question

I'm just finding out about the NLE. In our 2 1/2 years doing Memoria Press, I somehow missed this opportunity. Can someone share how to get the test? My daughter is currently in Third Form Latin - which level would be appropriate for her?

Thank you!
    See more | Go to post

• mgrace
    replied to High School Help
    Sarah,

Thank you for your articulately written thoughts about homeschooling, friendship, and the beauty of doing the hard things because they reap the best fruit in our lives, and it's what we are called to do. I know how hard it is to find the time to sit down and write a response on...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mgrace
    Cathy,

No derailment at all - part of the reason I posted was to see if I was skipping important parts. So I appreciate your breaking down your day and the time it takes to accomplish each subject. I will add the caveat that I sometimes have her redo assignments or add to them because...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mgrace
    This year her coursework is Third Form Latin, Geography II, Classical Studies ! (Book of Ancient Greeks, Iliad, and Odyssey), Confirmation and Refutation online, Algebra I online, 8th grade Literature, and Grammar III, and Exploring Planet Earth.
    Next year, she would study Fourth Form Latin,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mgrace
    started a topic High School Help

High School Help

We have been homeschooling our daughters for the past three years, and our oldest is currently in 8th grade. This year, she is taking Algebra and Composition through MPOA and I do the rest of the coursework with her. Our issue this year has been that most days she is done with her work by 12:00 or...
    See more | Go to post

• Thank you all so very much for your responses! These are great things to try and I'll pass them along. It's so helpful to have a community to reach out when problems arise and you need creative solutions. These are great.

Maran Grace...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Multiplication Help

My niece is in 4th grade and her Mom reached out to me for help with multiplication. Helen has dyslexia and her class is specialized to deal with learning differences. However, she's really struggling with the pace this year and dreading school. She learned multiplication facts last year in school,...
    See more | Go to post

• Natural Treatments and Medication

I wondered if any of you had experience and help with naturopathic remedies for ADHD. My Dad sent a video series by Dr. Mark Hyman called "Broken Brain" where he discusses using food, supplements, exercise, sleep, and homeopathic treatments to help those who have depression, ADD, anxiety...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Feeling Overwhelmed

Thank you for all of the encouragement and support! It really helps to know we're not alone, and I so appreciate the tips. Cheryl, you kindly replied to an email I sent at the end of the summer asking for advice about testing for my middle child, and one thing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Feeling Overwhelmed

This is my first time posting on Simply Classical, but as I was perusing threads that fit with the new diagnosis we just received for our 8 year old daughter, I also found that others have experience with children who deal with anxiety, which is what has our oldest has battled. After years of trying...
    See more | Go to post

• mgrace
    replied to Jr. Kindergarten Question
    Re: Jr. Kindergarten Question

Michele,

I'm sorry you were sick and hope you're feeling much better! Thank you for your thorough response. I agree with you that a 2 year approach with Jr. K is a good path for us. She's enjoying our school time (and so am I), and I know...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X