37 results in 0.0062 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Callista
    started a topic Third Form Latin - Second Edition

Third Form Latin - Second Edition

Will there be an updated edition of Third Form Latin coming out for the 2022-2023 school year? This summer?...
    See more | Go to post

• Yes, we have completed Trees/Biology in 6th, Physical Science in 7th alongside COTR math. It seems as though Novare Earth may be the next step but I love the look of NBO. We are planning on Biology and Alg.II in 9th. I feel like we're in limbo here in 8th. Wondering if NBO would be too light as...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nature's Beautiful Order as 8th grade pre-Biology course

For a student planning on biology in 9th, how would Nature's Beautiful Order work for 8th as a pre-biology course? Too easy?

Novare Physical Science has already been completed. Looking for a good 8th-grade option, concurrently with Algebra I and with Novare Earth Science as a possibility...
    See more | Go to post

For a student planning on biology in 9th, how would Nature's Beautiful Order work for 8th as a pre-biology course? Too easy?

Novare Physical Science has already been completed. Looking for a good 8th-grade option, concurrently with Algebra I and with Novare Earth Science as a possibility...
    See more | Go to post

See more | Go to post

• Callista
    replied to Algebra I and II
    Got it! I needed someone to just make the decision for me in this one area. This is what we will do. Fortunately, I have been able to get a copy of both PH algebra books. Thanks, tanya , and Beorn...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Callista
    started a topic Algebra I and II

Algebra I and II

Hello,

For the next one coming up, we are trying to decide between VideoText or PH Algebra I. The main deciding factor is the likelihood of needing to use MPOA for Algebra II. Since PH is used in MPOA is it best to stick with that or would using VT for Algebra I and then moving to PH...
    See more | Go to post

• Callista
    replied to Common Topic
    It is really more of a timing question. Our first preference is to complete all of the stages and likely that is what we will do. I know the earlier stages can be accelerated/combined and was wondering if this might prove true with Common Topic as well or is it really valuable to spend a year on it....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Callista
    started a topic Common Topic

Common Topic

Hello,

We are wondering how vital the Common Topic step is in relation to the entire program. Would it be detrimental to even consider skipping it and moving on to E/I/C?

We will have completed Fable through Ref/Con.

​​​​​​​Thanks!
    See more | Go to post

• Callista
    replied to Only one section of common topic?
    Hello,
    Any idea on who might be teaching this class this year?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Callista
    replied to Fire HD 10 work for MPOA?
    I responded to this the other day but my post was unapproved for some reason. Here is what I had commented with:

"So we have an HD 10 tablet from Amazon and I was able to log in to the online academy using the google app. Additionally I was able to watch a recording of one of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Callista
    replied to Fire HD 10 work for MPOA?
    So we have an HD 10 tablet from Amazon and I was able to log in to the online academy using the google app. Additionally I was able to watch a recording of one of the classes and it didn't mention needing an Adobe app. Since it was a recording I'm not sure how a live class would work, with needing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Callista
    started a topic Chreia/Maxim tips (2nd time around)

Chreia/Maxim tips (2nd time around)

I have taught Classical Composition (in our home and in a MP co-op style class) and it has gone OK but... I am entering a stage where I am starting my second round of teaching subjects (as younger kids age up), and I would like to do a little better than I did the first time. I have always struggled...
    See more | Go to post

• MPOA!!

The real scenario here will look like you making sure they are attending the class, completing the workbook and recitations (try Quizlet?), and completing the weekly quiz. The teacher is always available thru a teacher forum where the kids can ask questions if they get stuck....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Some of the answers here will depend on your long term goal for Latin study. If I were you I would use the DVD's for First Form. I taught it that way and was just fine. It is an introductory course and you really do not need to know that much about Latin to facilitate the lessons. The DVD can do...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X