No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
53 results in 0.0136 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Thank you Tanya! That's exactly what I needed to know....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• robomom11
    started a topic Need help designing 10th grade

Need help designing 10th grade

My daughter is a busy athlete with a 20 hour a week job on top of her practices. We continue to homeschool so she can have this flexibility. She is a slow reader. She loves Memoria Press student guides which is why we've stayed with MP. But she is a mover more than a deep thinker at this point in...
    See more | Go to post

• robomom11
    replied to Redo FFL or just Review?
    Thank you for linking your website! I have a large family and have no idea when helpful advice comes from someone who has two kids or with a handful. Managing five kids at the table with two teenagers and a college student is much harder than a couple of younger kids. I am just going to have to buckle...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• robomom11
    started a topic Redo FFL or just Review?

Redo FFL or just Review?

I have a 13yo that has not done well at all with First Form Latin-or all of her schoolwork this year actually. Would the Summer Review for FFL be enough to re-learn the material starting now so she can be ready for SFL in the fall? Or should I just have her repeat the entire year? She seems to struggle...
    See more | Go to post

• robomom11
    started a topic English Grammar Practice book

English Grammar Practice book

I bought the English Grammar Practice set last year for my then second grader, but set it aside because we hadn't covered what was being practiced. Before my next set of kids gets to that level...when/where/how do the kids learn the grammar skills practiced? One would think first grade since the book...
    See more | Go to post

• robomom11
    replied to 13yo hates Latin
    She did land it. The horse canters around in a circle, with a lunger in the middle. She has a set of required compulsory moves that are scored and then a one minute freestyle, which is scored on various attributes. This jump starts out with her on her knees. She hops to her feet and then straight...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• robomom11
    We had a nice chat this morning...she is very willing to finish the last unit as long as I don't give her any final exam covering all the units. We also talked about future schooling and her desire to "try out" the bad of public school, just for the experience. I explained that she would...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• robomom11
    She is very involved with her competitive sport, which takes her out of the house for working and also for competition, so yes, she works in batches. She wants to learn German instead because she is hoping to eventually visit Germany/Austria as an exchange student so she can focus on her sport there....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• robomom11
    started a topic 13yo hates Latin

13yo hates Latin

What do you do when your child absolutely hates Latin and FFL has taken two years and she is still not done?...
    See more | Go to post

• robomom11
    replied to Geometry Tests
    Re: Geometry Tests

Are the tests in the student text or the teacher's text?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• robomom11
    started a topic Geometry Tests

Geometry Tests

I have a copy of the Geometry text and plan on getting the MP lesson plans. Are there tests available?
    See more | Go to post

• robomom11
    replied to Spelling Failure
    Re: Spelling Failure

I will try this method. I loved that talk about spelling and the brain and wanted to get Phonetic Zoo just for that reason....but my 10yo couldn't pass the placement test. She did bad in all areas of her yearly test. She is using Math U See, so she...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• robomom11
    replied to Spelling Failure
    Re: Spelling Failure

They are both on Lesson 32- my 8yo seems to be a natural speller and rattles off his words for the week quickly...but obviously didn't retain them! He spelled three of twenty words correctly doing review for Lessons 19-23. He doesn't work as hard as he could....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• robomom11
    started a topic Spelling Failure

Spelling Failure

I'm quizzing my kids on their spelling words for the year, using the review sections of Spelling Workout B and C, not that they are nearly finished with the books. They are getting less than half correct. Do I have them redo the entire book next year? Drill all summer and start the next level?
    See more | Go to post

• robomom11
    started a topic Nature’s Beautiful Order

Nature’s Beautiful Order

Any reviews on this?
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X