No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
16 results in 0.0137 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• I would be interested for my son, who will also be in 8th grade. He loves Physics!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Staciek
    replied to Mammal study for 5th grade
    Re: Mammal study for 5th grade

My 5th grader and 3rd grader are both doing Mammals this year. He did Astronomy in 3A, and Insects in 4A, so he missed Mammals an wanted to do it with his brother. I'm trying to get him on the regular track, so this works well for us. I don't think it is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Status Report: How's everybody doing?

We are having a great year so far! I have boys in 5th, 3rd and K, and two toddlers. This is our 3rd year with MP and each year I enjoy it more. This year has been easier than in years past for a couple of reasons: 1) My 5th grader really knows...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Staciek
    replied to Prep for new school year
    Re: Prep for new school year

I print quizzes & tests, try to go through the Teachers Manuals a bit, buy/or put all books on hold at the library (for read alouds & American Studies), and try to organize as much as possible. I make each kid a binder that has his lesson plans, spelling...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Staciek
    replied to Pre-read literature?
    Re: Pre-read literature?

I read all the literature. We have done history together so far, but as I am adding more kids to my homeschool I might start working ahead in that too.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Sort of OT: What are y'all reading?

I'm 76% through Middlemarch, by George Eliot. It's very good, almost poetic! Next up is The Edge of Sadness, by Edwin OConnor.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Using with Multiple Ages and Little Ones Underfoot?

Hello! I think you have come to the right place if you are seeking breadth and depth in your homeschool. We are finishing up our 2nd full year with MP, and I am seeing so many fruits in our homeschool.
    As for how to use the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Staciek
    replied to FFL Test Scores
    Re: FFL Test Scores

Thank you so much for the replies. It sounds like Latin is just like every other subject - that I need to expect a high level of mastery. I think I can identify what is not completely clicking for him so we will work on that. I have also already considered taking...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Staciek
    started a topic FFL Test Scores

FFL Test Scores

Hi again! I have a Latin question regarding test scores. My son is 9.5, and doing 4A. He is young for his grade but has done well in 3A and 4A. We are on Week 30 and he just took the FFL lesson 28 Test. It was 5 pages long, with vocab, grammar, translation and all the declensions. His score was a 76%....
    See more | Go to post

• Staciek
    replied to Please help me simplify
    Re: Please help me simplify

I just wanted to chime in and say that my 4A student uses Quizlet for all of the Latin recitations, weekly recitations, and geography review. There are so many MP sets out there and it has been so helpful for review. (thank you, forum ladies, for taking the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Using Fable Reduction for Final Draft

Thank you, everyone for your thoughts! He has been working so hard at Fable this year so I did let him use the reduction, written in his own words. He is a good creative writer, so this is a challenge for him because he wants to add so many details...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Using Fable Reduction for Final Draft

Hi there! I have a quick question about the Paraphrase Reduction. We are nearing the end of Fable and have enjoyed it very much. This is the first week that my son has chosen Paraphrase 2 for his final draft. My question is: if he is reducing the fable, does he still add the figures of description?...
    See more | Go to post

• Staciek
    replied to Box day
    Re: Box day

Me too! I have it all on my bookshelves already! So much fun.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: "Looping the week": Christian/Classical/Science/Geo

Just wanted to chime in......
    Last year we were new to MP and also did 3A with my young 3rd grader. I remember that first memory verse and all those stars with the crazy names....and felt overwhelmed. One...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Is Classical Education possible for us?

I think everyone who answers you will say, "Yes! A classical education is possible!" I also have 5 kids, ages 9,7,4,2,6 months. We live in the country. We have always homeschooled and leaned classical but last year I bought 3A for...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X