Collapse
331 results in 0.0414 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Nerdmom
    replied to Classics Unraveled
    Just throwing in another vote for a podcast format of this. My boys loved the first episode, and it has made my oldest quite eager for Mr. Christianson's Divine Comedy MPOA class next year. But we severely limit their YouTube exposure (to practically nothing unsupervised). YouTube has a knack for obnoxious...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nerdmom
    replied to Logic
    I read through a bit of the textbook early in the summer. Teacher Training was a bit like Logic boot camp, which is exactly what I needed. During the school year, I watched the DVD's with Martin Cothran and worked through much of the workbook before class. That kept me just ahead of the game. If I had...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nerdmom
    replied to Logic
    Indeed! This is my second go through of the logic sequence at co-op.

The summer before I first taught it, I stayed for teacher training specifically for Logic on Friday. I had never studied logic, let alone teach it, so I was starting from scratch. But I left confident that I could stay...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nerdmom
    replied to Math Woes - considering Saxon
    I have one son who thrives with AOPS, but he is a *very* math-oriented kid, and we were willing to spend the money for online classes for Algebra B and above. Be aware, though, that AOPS classes are shorter (all of geometry in 24 weeks, for example, and they definitely aren't cutting anything out),...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Three years ago I taught Traditional Logic I & II to a group of 10 students ranging from 7th to 11th grade. I attended the teacher training in the summer (which was immensely helpful!), and then I watched the videos each week before class. Occasionally if a student missed class, they'd watch the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nerdmom
    replied to Due Dates
    In each course my kids have had, there is a section on the top right that says "Activities" with assignments, forums, quizzes, resources links underneath. If you click on "assignments" and "quizzes," there is a page that lists the assignments, due dates, and grades. Be...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nerdmom
    replied to Grading help
    This is a really important point, especially for young or struggling students. I teach a lot of Latin, and I suspect a few of my students are dyslexic. I will count off for mixing up "ab" and "ad" because it changes the meaning entirely, but I won't take off if a student translates...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• For a while we used Typing Club (https://www.typingclub.com/)
    It is free and allowed for multiple users, but my kids found it dreadfully boring. There was even a passage they had to type about the tax code. Bleh

Later we switched to Typesy at DiannaKennedy's recommendation. It is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hi there! Fellow TLM mom here.
    We love the MP Christian Studies program. We also use TAN's Story of the Bible (in audiobook form only) to make sure Tobit, Judith, Maccabees, etc are covered, since the Golden Children's Bible doesn't include those. We review the Scripture verses, but I focus the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nerdmom
    replied to Who is coming?
    A few years ago, someone asked if I'd be interested in teaching Latin. One of my kids needed First Form anyway, so I agreed. Within a few weeks, we had 10 kids signed up. The following year, the same mom asked if I'd be willing to teach Logic also. So that year, we had Second Form, First Form, and Trad...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nerdmom
    Hurray! Glad you'll be joining us! It'll be a great lineup.

23 more Latin finals to grade, then on to the summer reading pile!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nerdmom
    I too will be there all week! I'm bringing a mini-cohort with me from Alabama.

Monday & Tuesday as mom, dropping in the Simply Classical sessions looking for ideas for one of my sweet kiddos.
    Wednesday at the Memoria College session.
    Thursday & Friday with a focus on...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• $1002?! Holy moly! I paid less than $200

Fingers crossed you find a lovely used one, Jessica!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• It's been 15+ years since I got mine. I'm not sure if there are multiple editions. Sorry that's not more helpful...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I mostly used my Cassell's in college, but I have and enjoy my Lewis & Short. It's definitely not short, or something you'd want to lug around, but it is a treasure.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X