Collapse
39 results in 0.0054 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Math Controversy -Videotext algebra Module A

Hello all!
    I'm about to grade Quiz A for Module A Unit B Lessons 4-5. All through my math career and my kiddo's math years, we have argued about whether we must show the work or not. I've usually insisted work be shown, but on some of these early lessons my kiddo gets the correct answer without...
    See more | Go to post

• Rae
    replied to Advice on how to credit
    Thanks. Ok so I need to update my signature, but I never remember how or make time to mess with it. He is currently what I'm calling 7th grade just to help others get an idea of where he is. You know how that goes, I'm sure. He is finishing up Second Form Latin and Elementary Greek II as part of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rae
    started a topic Advice on how to credit

Advice on how to credit

Hello, everyone! I hope everyone is staying safe and sane and able to enjoy some slower pacing.

I need some input from more experienced teachers, and I know some of the answer I'm looking for really varies by household. I've planned a particular "advanced biology" course for my...
    See more | Go to post

• Rae
    replied to Math looking toward Algebra
    Thank you both!

I had actually looked at Video Text before through the website where I preview R & S books. I hadn't reconsidered it because I just wasn't sure it was "vetted" through like-minded teacher/moms. My kid will need more math than an apprentice small businessman...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rae
    started a topic Math looking toward Algebra

Math looking toward Algebra

Hello, helpful friends! I'm sure this topic has been covered to death in variations, but I need some direction from those who've been there. I can't really say what grade we're in at this point. It just looks like middle school. I'm trying to sort out some direction towards Algebra proper. My son...
    See more | Go to post

• Okay, y'all, at the risk of eye rolls and snickers and lots of judgment about who lets me teach my child without a license- one more clarification is needed.

I have understood the idea behind the guide answers since I attended a presentation by Tanya last year. That was a huge help, preventing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Well, see now? This is why I have you all to adjust my expectations. I would love to do Sodalitas, but this year it is not in the budget. I have continuing education requirements and a potential out of pocket training in DC that I'm not looking forward to instead.

I did get some instruction...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rae
    started a topic Discussions/Open Book for written work

Discussions/Open Book for written work

Good morning. I go in cycles where I have no time or inclination to post. Then I go through periods where everything is on my mind and I need help!
    As I was reading our Elementary Greek II assignment today, it instructs the student to translate the vocabulary from memory. This spurred a question...
    See more | Go to post

• Rae
    replied to Composition
    Jennifer,

You have made a wonderful and generous suggestion! Thank you. As I read through the TM, I also anticipate taking quite a few weeks to cover the intro lesson. I'm seriously thinking about doing the intro lesson myself. Then when I feel comfortable with the new structure, P can...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rae
    started a topic Composition

Composition

Good day! I'd like some feedback on a brainstorm I had for helping my only child with composition exercises. I have consistently struggled with grading and my own expectation management. We are ready to start Chreia and Maxim, but I want to build up some confidence before diving in. In our narrative...
    See more | Go to post

• Rae
    started a topic Leveling up and math hiccups

Leveling up and math hiccups

Hello all!
    i am preparing for a level up in January, and need advice. First, I think we are ready for Second Form Latin. we have completed FFL & FFL Review. My concern is that we haven't completely mastered the irregular 2nd conjugation verbs by memory. We have beat all the other sections...
    See more | Go to post

• Introducing technology and responsible use

Everyone here is so supportive and helpful that I have to pick your brains, again.

My son is a young eleven. He is not a very socially mature eleven year old, meaning that he typically behaves more in line with his younger peers. He does not have cell phone. He does not have unlimited...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Nature's Beautiful Order suggestions

Thank you all for your suggestions. Here's an update.

I didn't shelve it even though my husband looked through and suggested we do just that. We are still struggling through it. I am realizing that with some additional visual...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rae
    started a topic Nature's Beautiful Order suggestions

Nature's Beautiful Order suggestions

I need some help and suggestions from those who may be more sensible than I am! Long story short, we are taking a semester in which I am tricking my child into thinking he is moving on, but he's basically reviewing and solidifying what he already knows. I've done this using some curricula I would...
    See more | Go to post

• Rae
    replied to First Form Greek follow up
    Re: First Form Greek follow up

This probably isn't exactly helpful, but I wanted to share my experience teaching Latin and Greek at the same time. When we began our homeschooling journey, I knew I would want to tackle Latin. We began homeschool in the public school range of first grade....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X