Collapse
31 results in 0.0095 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• mamathompson
    replied to Should we quit Latin?
    He is 11 and in First Form. We did PL and LC at home.
    Latin is not the only place we are struggling right now, it just seems to really be a huge point of frustration for both of us. He actually picks Latin up fairly quickly but balks at the "work" of it. For example just opening the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mamathompson
    started a topic Should we quit Latin?

Should we quit Latin?

I'm looking for some advice with Latin. One of my children is struggling in many ways. We are working through some attitude and work ethic issues. One of our biggest issues is with Latin. He is enrolled in MPOA and enjoys his teacher and his class and mostly does well on his quizzes, but is refusing...
    See more | Go to post

• mamathompson
    started a topic Christian Latin

Christian Latin

Im looking for more information on the Christian Latin course. I thought I read somewhere that it was to be taken between Caesar and Cicero. There isn't any information on it yet on the website, times or teacher. If it isnt the best option for us for next year I would like to go ahead and register for...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by mamathompson; 02-11-2021, 11:18 AM.

• I was inspired by this thread and found a set for $70. It was I'm the town my sister lives in, so she will bring it next time we get together. I'm excited to dig into it....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mamathompson
    replied to Morning Time?
    We do a morning time. First thing as everyone rolls out of bed. We watch CNN 10 together, listen to a hymn or a folk song and do Bible study. They eat breakfast sometime during and then we break to prepare ourselves and our home for the day before we start on the rest of our school. It works well for...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mamathompson
    replied to NLE results
    Re: NLE results

Our results finally came yesterday. Perfect paper on the Intro!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mamathompson
    replied to NLE results
    Re: NLE results

We are still (not so patiently) waiting for our results here. It is making me very excited reading about everyone else doing so well! Congratulations to all!...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by mamathompson; 04-13-2018, 08:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Re: Refutation/Confirmation Class Times

Yes she is doing Chrea/Maxim this year. Thanks for the information, I will keep an eye out for updates.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mamathompson
    started a topic Refutation/Confirmation Class Times

Refutation/Confirmation Class Times

Is there a possibility that there will be a second class for Refutation/Confirmation this fall? I would like my rising 7th grade student to take it as well as Earth Science but each are only offered once and at the same time. I'm trying to narrow down my selections for next year. Thanks!
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Delaying Classical Composition

Thank you for all the responses. My oldest is doing Chrea/Maxim right now at home and I just don't feel she is getting enough feedback from me. I decided she would need to do the next level as an online class next year. My 4th grader is a great writer...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mamathompson
    started a topic Delaying Classical Composition

Delaying Classical Composition

Has anyone ever purposefully delayed using Classical Composition until middle school? Looking at the online offerings it seems taking Middle School 1 & 2, and High School 2 & 3 would cover all of the levels in 7-10th grade. I am really considering this route for a few of my children but I wonder...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Questions about enrichment

I hope you don't mind if I piggyback onto your question. I just came on here to ask nearly the same thing. I have a K & 2 going this year (and 4 & 6). We did 1st Enrichment last year, but I can't decide if I should do 2nd, or K, or a hybrid of the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mamathompson
    replied to SFL Course
    Re: SFL Course

So it doesn't move any quicker then the at home lesson plans?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mamathompson
    started a topic SFL Course

SFL Course

Can someone who has done SFL online tell me what a week of work looks like? I want to make sure we can commit to what would need to be done each week before I sign us up. We have done Latin ourselves the last three years and it has gone well. My daughter is taking a summer Latin review course and I...
    See more | Go to post

• mamathompson
    replied to Spelling advice needed
    Re: Spelling advice needed

I have had great success with Spelling You See for my son who is not a natural speller. It is my suspicion that he is mildly dyslexic, and he is very visual. It is not a typical "classical" program. There is very little rule memorization. It has clicked...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X