Search Result

Collapse
10 results in 0.0081 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Organizing the Day w/ 6th, 2nd, and Pre-K

I have three children who are all going to be students this year. My little guy is almost 5yo, so his days are the most light in subject matter, but I plan to have a specific read aloud time for him as well as some letter learning. I'm mostly trying to develop a good routine to balance independent...
    See more | Go to post

• LauraP
    started a topic Literature Final Tests

Literature Final Tests

I can't recall where the final tests are found for each literature guide. My 4th grader is completing The Cricket in Times Square, but I haven't been able to locate the final test as mentioned in the curriculum guide. Can you help point me in the right direction?
    See more | Go to post

• LauraP
    replied to Third Grade "moderated pace"
    Re: Third Grade "moderated pace"

Thanks for your ideas! We just completed All About Reading 2, because we needed to do less than than the Phonics Guide as she wasn't quite that proficient yet. For the last 1/3 of AAR2, she's really gained fluency and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: The case for Literature Guides?

Thank you both for your thoughtful and wise replies! I certainly see the advantages you describe, and was especially interested in the progression the Literature Guide questions will make in the years to come. While these early days of basic comprehension...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• LauraP
    started a topic The case for Literature Guides?

The case for Literature Guides?

One last question today! Can you all explain the rationale and benefits of a student completing the written answers in the Literature Guides? I realize that they are designed to show reading comprehension of course, but I wonder if that is necessarily shown by fill in the blank writing. Through K,...
    See more | Go to post

• LauraP
    started a topic Third Grade "moderated pace"

Third Grade "moderated pace"

How have your MP homeschooling students transitioned into 3rd grade? While we have followed MP lesson plans in most ways from kindergarten on, we have needed a few adjustments for a young student and some slower-to-develop reading skills. We have completed all of the MP literature suggestions, and...
    See more | Go to post

• LauraP
    replied to Traditional Spelling questions
    Re: Traditional Spelling questions

Would it be helpful and appropriate to begin Traditional Spelling with a student who is completing Memoria's 2nd grade curriculum, having not followed along with spelling lessons along the way? Phonics instruction and understanding, leading to fluent...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Planning 1st Grade & Morning Time

Thank you all! Sometimes the most obvious ideas are the ones I overlook, haha. Buying new Lesson Plans is an excellent idea so that they can be notated and double as "proof" for record keeping. I appreciate your insight!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Planning 1st Grade & Morning Time

[QUOTE=pickandgrin;44383]Welcome, LauraP!

Can you tell us a little more about your family--you have the first grader and a new baby on the way, anyone else in the mix?

Thanks so much for your thoughtful reply!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• LauraP
    started a topic Planning 1st Grade & Morning Time

Planning 1st Grade & Morning Time

How do you think through long-term planning while utilizing all MP offers? The Lesson Plans are wonderful and work so well with my train of thought, that I'm wondering if I shouldn't do much on the front end as far as a "big picture" plan for the year goes. Do you find it too difficult to...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X