Collapse
7 results in 0.0142 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• reese098
    replied to Literature - Always behind
    I will just add my 2 cents--I had the same age combination as you (minus the little one) a couple of years ago and literature was a struggle for us. Third grade literature, especially, took a long time (second grade as well once my child got to Little House), as there is just so much reading to do and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I also use the shoebox/review box method. Each child has a flashcard box on their cart and all subjects are in it. Each subject has three tabs (new, review, mastered). The "review" cards are done at each lesson for the particular subject, and some of the "mastered" cards are pulled...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• reese098
    replied to Recitation and Flashcards
    I make flashcards for recitation so that I can use the "memory review box" system to go over the questions regularly. It's still directed by me, but I know which ones are mastered and which ones need to be reviewed daily, weekly, or monthly. I also have a binder with a few visuals for the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I would second the vote for Where the Mountain Meets the Moon. My 4th, 3rd and 1st graders loved it and it was one of my favorites from the 3rd grade read alouds. That said, Farmer Giles was a hit too and is pretty short if you need something to fill a week or two.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• reese098
    replied to STT and AAR
    Re: STT and AAR

I did AAR2 and STT with my first grader last year and it was fine, so I think it would be definitely manageable since your kids are on AAR3. We did AAS for spelling instruction. I plan on doing the same for my next child this coming year, except we are going to try Traditional...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• reese098
    replied to OT: Norms and Nobility
    Re: OT: Norms and Nobility

I have a 1999 paperback edition, 167 pgs. The back of the book says it was originally published in 1981. The preface doesn't mention anything about updates/changes to the content, as they usually do when another edition is published, so I'd imagine the content...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• reese098
    replied to Favorite Audible narrators?
    Re: Favorite Audible narrators?

I liked Rachel McAdams' version. I have Anne of Avonlea narrated by Mary Sarah (she also has a narration for the first book) and it's good too, but not as good as the McAdams one.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X