No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
16 results in 0.0123 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• We use a lot of the Usborne books, which are secular. We have the Science, History, and Geography Encyclopedias as well as the Children's Encyclopedia which has information on a variety of topics and which you probably do not need if you have the other books. We also have the Kingfisher History Encyclopedia...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Meg
    replied to Looking Ahead to Fourth Grade
    Thanks for the responses! I think that we will go with Classical Composition and EGR. It will sure be nice to use the printed curriculum guide and just switch out math and spelling.

Debbie - I forgot that one of the reasons we were not successful with Classical Comp. the first time through...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Meg
    started a topic Looking Ahead to Fourth Grade

Looking Ahead to Fourth Grade

My daughter is 3rd grade age this year. We are using mostly MP 3rd grade materials with some of our favorites from other companies. In looking ahead to the 4A curriculum next year, I'm thinking it may be easier to switch to nearly all MP products for next year, mostly because it will make planning and...
    See more | Go to post

• Meg
    replied to Considering Memoria
    Hi and welcome to the forum!

We have been using MP for a number of years while also attending a Classical Conversations Community for social reasons. I will try to offer my perspective on your questions and then others can join in.

First, you said that you want to continue...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have a second grader and we are currently involved in a CC community solely for social reasons. This is our third year. The other homeschool groups that we have tried have been full of mainly unschoolers or "relaxed" homeschoolers and it just hasn't been a good fit from a social perspective...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Meg
    replied to 2nd grade copywork
    I would just like to add that you may not need to have her print all of the verses into a different notebook. After a couple of weeks, you may be able to write the verse in cursive in highlighter directly in the copybook and let her trace it. That will give her some extra cursive practice but at a level...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I can tell you that we are on that same lesson in AAS2 and I agree that it is a very difficult lesson. Those two-syllable words with an unaccented second syllable make it difficult to hear the second vowel. I don’t pronounce “human” as hu-MAN but as hu-min. I pronounce “bonus” more like bo-nis....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Meg
    replied to OT: Homeschooling an only child
    Re: OT: Homeschooling an only child

With a 13 year age gap between my two children, I feel as though I have two "only" children. My older daughter is starting college this year and my younger daughter is starting kindergarten. I can totally relate to all of the responses so...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Let's help each other out...what are you teaching this year?

I am teaching Latina Christiana to 3rd and 4th graders and First Form Latin to 5th and 6th graders this year in Cincinnati. We start next week and I would love to see the handouts!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Orientation tonight!

Good luck this year! We in Cincinnati had our orientation this morning.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Attending Sodalitas 2017-A running list of who's coming

Hi Jessica,

I turned on private messaging. I will be teaching Latina Christiana, First Form, and Second Form so I am really excited to hear about your experiences teaching....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Attending Sodalitas 2017-A running list of who's coming

Michelle - Meg
    Cincinnati
    2 children, a rising college freshman and a rising k'er
    Homeschooled for 9 years, took a four year break, now we are jumping back in with the k'er
    I will be teaching Latin...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Meg
    replied to Another New Member
    Re: Another New Member

It sounds like there are a number of other moms here who have the same "tendency to go overboard" challenge that I face. It is nice to know that I am not the only one.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Meg

We are close enough to drive and I've been to Louisville many times, though never to the Highlands Latin School campus. I won't be able to make it this year but I am hoping that there will be a gathering in a future year that I can attend. It sounds...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Meg

Thanks so much for all of your replies!

I think this quote from Mary sums up why I am looking at MP for this second time around. I am definitely looking for a feeling of peace in what we will be doing and I really shouldn't let what...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X