No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
351 results in 0.0417 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• I have done vocabulary like this (not exactly, but chapter by chapter definition banks for my students instead of dictionaries). I don't have any for the younger years though, we started the summer the Little Women guide came out, and have done it that way since, but I think only starting with the 6th...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 3Blessings
    replied to Latin Transition Question
    Jessica, thank you for the tagging! I forget that we can do that now!

Jon Christianson thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. It probably does make the most sense to just continue with Henle, I am just nervous about my capacity as a facilitator. I certainly don't have the knowledge...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 3Blessings
    started a topic Latin Transition Question

Latin Transition Question

I am trying to decide on the Latin course my older son will take. He's 12 and in 6th grade. We were STRUGGLING with SFL this year. I think it was poor retention from FFL (we did not review over the summer), and we were on the review for unit 2 when the Henle 1 videos came out. I decided to switch to...
    See more | Go to post

• We do most of our socializing evenings and weekends honestly. Most of my kids friends are friends we met through chess or other evening activities. How old are your kids? When my kids were younger we would usually finish school up before lunch then head to the park to play. Any kids at the park during...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 3Blessings
    replied to Shifting Homer into 9th
    Jessica,

Thank you so much for this. That is actually a really really good point. This is actually my first time reading The Iliad as well as my daughter's first time, so I am feeling the "drinking from a firehose" here. I am much more familiar with The Odyssey and can engage...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 3Blessings
    replied to Shifting Homer into 9th
    I hadn't read that, but I actually really like that suggestion. I need to sit down and figure out how that would affect the rest of high school. However; I am doing Homer this year with my 8th grader and don't love how it's set up so I will be reevaluating it with my next student. Currently they do...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I enjoy math, but this particular child and I have always struggled with math together. This is confusing for even me though. I remember hating these kinds of problems in school!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sure!

The lengths of four sides of a trapezoid are all different. The top base is the shortest. One of the nonparallel sides is three feet longer than the top base, and the other nonparallel side is is twice the length of the top base. The bottom base is four feet less than three times...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 3Blessings
    started a topic VideoText Algebra Question

VideoText Algebra Question

My daughter and I have hit a wall in Videotext Algebra and I was wondering if anyone has any advice for getting through this section, or any additional resources they could recommend.

She was doing really well until we hit Unit II Module B Part E which is problem solving using one placeholder....
    See more | Go to post

• 3Blessings
    replied to Logic
    This is so helpful, thank you Nerdmom for the explanation. I didn't need much convincing to stay through the week, but I think this sealed the deal. I'll be there Friday for Logic with Dr. Sheffler!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 3Blessings
    replied to Summer Courses
    pschaeffer , Even if we could just have a list of what you're hoping to offer this summer. It would be really helpful to know what I need to plan to cover at home and what I will be able to outsource!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 3Blessings
    replied to Logic
    Wonderful, thank you! I wasn't sure if the schedule was finalized or if they would be adding something to Wednesday. Looks like I get to sit in Hamlet Wednesday! Can't wait!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 3Blessings
    started a topic Logic

Logic

Good morning!

I am looking at the schedule for both Sodalitas and the pre-conference training and trying to decide if I should stay for teacher training. Is there no full day pre-conference training on Logic this year? That is one course I am possibly teaching in a co op or just with my...
    See more | Go to post

• 3Blessings
    started a topic Summer Courses

Summer Courses

I'm wondering if the summer course offerings will be available online before registration opens. There are a few classes that I would opt for over the summer if it reduced the course load during the school year, but I would love to at the very least have a list of summer offerings available, even if...
    See more | Go to post

• 3Blessings
    started a topic High School Comp vs Common Topic

High School Comp vs Common Topic

I am looking at the MPOA schedule for next year and wondering about the merits of taking just Common Topic or the High School Comp II level. It seems that if we do High School Comp II and then High School Comp III she would be freed to have a larger variety of courses in her junior and senior year....
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X