Collapse
119 results in 0.0461 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• carriede
    replied to Summer Math Drill
    Oh well, thanks for looking that up, Tanya!

I've found this worksheet generator that I'll be using. You can set parameters for all sorts of stuff.
    https://worksheetworks.com/
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• carriede
    started a topic Summer Math Drill

Summer Math Drill

I had saved the link from the Highlands Latin School summer review for grade level math drills, but it looks like they're not there anymore. Does anyone happen to have the files that they can send me? Thanks!!
    See more | Go to post

• carriede
    started a topic Spelling: finish or move on?

Spelling: finish or move on?

My current 7yo wasn't ready for the full 1st grade reading/writing at the beginning of the school year, but his language has since exploded. We're keeping good pace with the lesson plans, but since we started later in the school year, he won't finish TS1 by the end of 1st grade. We do take at least...
    See more | Go to post

• I've added one thing - a written narration of the current lesson the day before the new lesson. Just a paragraph, very informal. But it gets the student into the text ONE MORE TIME (independently!) which very much helped my son sort out the names and sequence of events and solidified them before moving...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• carriede
    replied to Internet Safety for Littles
    If the focus is using DVD, you can have it unconnected from the internet. Then if you want to use it with her, you'll need the wifi password.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Don't be afraid to accelerate (and decelerate) in some subjects, especially math. I would go at his pace for each subject separately - my 1st grader is almost done with 2nd grade math (using Math Mammoth). He too would be bored if I didn't let him pull ahead in that way. And maybe we'll have to slow...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• carriede
    started a topic Spelling Workout for Middle School

Spelling Workout for Middle School

For somewhat unrelated reasons (mostly indecisive curriculum hopping, these poor first-borns!), my oldest son (11 in 6th grade) ended up "behind" in spelling. He and his sister (9 and 4th) will finish Spelling Workout E this school year. I'm making my purchase list for the fall (whoo-hoo Feb...
    See more | Go to post

• Thank you so much, Jennifer! I downloaded the review tracker to use.

I guess I'll just have to take a few weeks to review and re-teach the earlier lessons. He's already off schedule a bit. We'll see what happens.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• carriede
    started a topic Not so hot on TSI review lesson

Not so hot on TSI review lesson

My 7 year old does fairly well with Traditional Spelling I. He's been getting 90-100% on the tests - actually on the dictation lesson so I don't make him take the test on day 5.

But we just finished the Review Lesson which covers words from lessons 2-13. The first day of the week I had...
    See more | Go to post

• carriede
    replied to Graphing Question
    You are not working with numerical data. A bar graph is a way to show survey type responses, not numerical comparisons. Show the data however you want to make the data easily interpreted - a bar graph in this instance.

I think.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• carriede
    replied to Fable in 1 day?
    There are several days my daughter can do the assignment on her own and I just check it later. But I don't think that's too be expected. She can do the Variations lessons on her own and the Paraphrase 1. Then she'll write out the Narration and Rough and Final drafts on her own.

We take...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Yeah, you have to start school even when they're playing well together. That's a lesson I had to learn. Also, you might need to sit with her to redirect her attention, at least for a little while. I know that's hard with the younger ones. Are you expecting her to get those subjects done when you're...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I got the grammar one!

I LOVE FLL and my son used all 4 levels (before we found MP). My daughter has done through level 3. I had my son start GFTWTM last year for 5th grade at a slower pace. It is just TOO MUCH with Latin and other MP subjects. So this year we're doing FFL and EGRII (skipped...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• A few thoughts.

I completely agree with Lauren; treat your homeschool as your job. For me that means having a set (posted!) routine, putting my phone on Do Not Disturb (it blocks all rings and notifications, but my starred contacts can still get through), and only doing chores during designated...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• carriede
    replied to 3rd-7th Content Subjects
    Thanks everyone! I'll let them do the Reading Notes and Vocab on their own as long as it works. Then we'll go over pronunciation when we do the discussion questions.

For the Vocab, I've been typing and mixing up the answers to have them "match" with the vocab word. Add a list...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X