Collapse
67 results in 0.0057 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• HollyS
    replied to Lingua Angelica with FFL
    We have been using this. We listen to the songs throughout the week and complete the student workbook together as new songs come up. I give them the answers as needed. I feel like the goal of this book is exposure to translating Latin, so if they don’t understand everything, it’s okay.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I would definitely expand the enrichment to your other kids! You might want to save the 5th grade read aloud for bedtime--that's what we do and it works great! All my kids (even my high school) are listening to the 3rd grade read alouds. We also add in a family Bible reading.

I always have...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by HollyS; 06-12-2019, 06:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• My son will be in 9th next year. Here are our plans (mostly following 9M):

Latin: Second Form
    Math: Finish Prentice-Hall Algebra I (and start 2)
    Literature: 9th grade literature books and/or Bronze Bow and possibly The Hobbit--still figuring out which exact books we'll be covering...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• HollyS
    replied to Combining MP with AO
    We switched from CM to MP as well. I wasn't happy with where my kids were, and I'm finally happy with where our education is going. Narration alone wasn't teaching my kids to be great writers (or even decent writers). That might be on me as a teacher, but I totally needed more structure to help me teach....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by HollyS; 04-22-2019, 07:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Thanks! That is very helpful!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Tanya,

How does Lingua Angelica fit in with this? It is included in the same core package as First Form Latin, as well as listed in the recitation portion of the LC teacher guide. Should we be just listening to the music at these levels or is it okay to add some of the translation/parsing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• My daughter will be 10 in the fall. She’s working on 3A. However, we are going at a rather slow pace. We’ll be doing well to start 4A by next fall. We are about a third of the way through, but we are year round homeschoolers, so we still have many days of school left.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• We have a school room with a large table. They are allowed to do independent work elsewhere. My older kids usually work in their rooms, and my youngest three usually stay downstairs. If the weather is nice, they often take it outside. My oldest two have desks in their bedrooms.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• HollyS
    replied to Guilt about combining my kids
    Thank you for all the encouraging comments! I will definitely look into adding to the science. I feel like this is the first science program we are actually enjoying, so an extra book shouldn’t be too terrible for her!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• HollyS
    started a topic Guilt about combining my kids

Guilt about combining my kids

I have some thoughts about the combining/not combing issue. I often read both on these boards (and Facebook) that it's best to keep your kids in their own grade level. My girls (3rd & 6th) are both working through 3A this year, with math and spelling at their own level.

Here are some...
    See more | Go to post

• My oldest has switched to MP for 10th grade. She is currently using 8M with a few changes. We settled on First Form Latin, which means she may not get through Fourth Form, but I like to cover math and Latin year round, so we’ll just keep plugging away and get as far as we can. We are doing the accelerated...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• HollyS
    replied to Condolences & Prayers
    Thanks for the prayers. My kids keep me very busy and moving forward, which is a huge blessing, especially at holidays and anniversaries.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• HollyS
    replied to Handwriting
    Great idea Sarah! This would be a nice activity in between heavier subjects and give us a nice break of sorts....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• HollyS
    replied to Condolences & Prayers
    Nieva, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I lost my husband in a car accident a little over two years ago. Please let me know if you need anything, even if it’s just someone to talk to....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• HollyS
    replied to Handwriting
    Thanks for the suggestions! My one child that writes in beautiful cursive today told me she struggles keeping up with note taking at confirmation, so I guess even she has issues with writing! I do wish we’d focused more on it earlier on when they were learning to form letters. I definitely see...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X