Collapse
138 results in 0.0299 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• alihuyoung
    replied to School Uniforms
    Is there a link to the MP branded uniforms, or just the HLS versions? I would love some MP uniform pieces for my girls!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• alihuyoung
    started a topic R&S Math 4 question

R&S Math 4 question

We'll be starting 3rd and 4th grades next week (yay!) and while looking over my Math materials I've come up with a question:

Is the fourth grade item "Math Facts and Speed Drill Packet-Reproducible Blacklines" scheduled in my Math 4 lesson plans? These loose leaf pages are different...
    See more | Go to post

• My almost 8 year got the game Dragonwood for Christmas yesterday and I think she’s played it 5 times already. Lots of adding, and even some multiplication. “All 3 dice say 3, so that’s nine!” The game itself is just hard enough to keep it interesting, so I think it will have a lot of replay...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• alihuyoung
    started a topic Scheduling 3A: what would you do?

Scheduling 3A: what would you do?

I've got a scheduling question for all you mamas with good ideas. Here's the background:

We operate on a year round schedule, with our school year beginning roughly around the calendar new year. My two girls will be finishing MP2 and a weird gap year (somewhere in between MP2 and MP 3)...
    See more | Go to post

• It’s good to hear that we can get by either way! We have a hard time writing in books, too, so I don’t think that will be an issue. I guess if I happen to come across a few duplicates, it won’t hurt to pick them up, but I won’t stress over it too much....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Two students in 3rd. Duplicate books?

In January, my two students will be doing Mammals (or perhaps Astronomy), Christian Studies, Greek Myths, Poetry, EGR, ATFF, and Latina Christiana together. Math, Spelling, and Lit will be separate. In addition to the consumer items, would it benefit us to have two copies of any of the text books, D’Aulaire’s...
    See more | Go to post

• Traditional Spelling 2: How much do you review?

I have a slightly older 2nd grade curriculum guide (purchased in 2017), so it doesn't have Traditional Spelling plans. We've been cruising along with MP2, just doing 1 spelling lesson a week, no problems.

Side note: we LOVE LOVE LOVE Traditional Spelling so much more than SWO.
    See more | Go to post

• One way I've been able to save a little time in our school day is by doing math exercises together. Not the actual workbook pages, but the warm-ups, drills, clocks and chalkboard work that you'll find in the teacher manuals. My students are only 1 year apart (currently in 3rd and 2nd) so they benefit...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• It quickly becomes obvious who the "fun" moms are, eh? Most days I am not fun mom! We occasionally do candy rewards during recitation. I put the M&Ms at one end of the room, and the kids at the other. Each correct answer means you can take 1 step towards the candy dish. I'm enjoying hearing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Integration of Lit with Comp/Latin/EGR

Is it necessary to keep Literature on the same grade level as Composition, EGR, and Latin? How much integration would be lost by being a year ahead in Lit? Here is our current situation.

My current 3rd grader completed MP2 last year, and this year she is doing some of MP3. By the end of...
    See more | Go to post

• SC Level C Read Aloud Package

Hi! I'm ordering SC level C for a friend, but I need advice on the Read Aloud Package. My girls are on the regular MP track, and I've never ordered the Read Aloud Packages and we've done just fine. But in the sample lesson plan for SC C, it shows teaching from Green Eggs and Ham, which is in the Read...
    See more | Go to post

• alihuyoung
    replied to Spelling for Grade 2 & 3
    Ditto. My girls and I didn't enjoy our last 2 years of spelling workout, but I put them together into Traditional Spelling 2 this year (January start date) and they are both loving it! I just asked my 8 year old what she likes the most about it and she said, "I like how every week is the same....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• alihuyoung
    replied to What to do for 1st/2nd
    Hi! I also had a kiddo that I needed to "hold back" so she didn't get to 3rd grade before 8 years old She still asks to do extra math each day and would happily complete her whole copybook if not closely monitored. She just started MP2 a few weeks ago, about a month after turning 7, and...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by alihuyoung; 02-17-2019, 09:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alihuyoung
    started a topic When is “hard” too hard?

When is “hard” too hard?

It’s time for me to order our next school year’s worth of materials (hello non traditional school year and free shipping November), so I’m doing the obligatory gnashing of teeth over placement. I feel like my second grader JUST finally mastered the second grade material at the very end of second...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: OT: Favorite Historical Sites

Aw, Meriwether Lewis Park on the Natchez Trace was our favorite place to camp when we lived in the States. We should take the girls back there now that they're old enough to know about Lewis and Clark! I had forgotten about Andrew Jackson's...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X