Collapse
28 results in 0.0110 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• sunset
    replied to Mp 8/9
    Hi Grace Ellen, I have nothing to offer on most of your questions, but I do know of a music theory program, because our homeschool music co-op uses it. It's here. http://www.theorytime.com/

It's a workbook based program but I think it has some helps on the website. Our group starts all...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sunset
    replied to Novare vs Dive science
    Thank you for your reply Mary. After looking closer at the samples of Novare, I'm really impressed by all the study helps built into the text - and the book seems to do an excellent job of expanding on concepts in the same way Dive uses the video lectures to expand on them. Since my son much prefers...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sunset
    Thank you Cindy. That was very helpful.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sunset
    Accelerated Chemistry is supposed to be quite difficult without an experienced teacher, isn't it? I expect that would take a lot of dedication to pull off. I'm glad to hear you were satisfied with Dive, Klwalukas. Thanks for sharing about your experience with it. Did you order the experiment kit that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have no personal experience with these schools, but I've read about them and thought I'd share just in case anyone finds it helpful. LeTourneau University in Texas bills itself as a nondenominational Christian Polytechnic school, and has a scholarship specifically for homeschooled students that you...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sunset
    Thank you for your answer Mary. It was kind of a long shot that anyone here would have used both, so I'm not surprised by the lack of response. Can I ask you a question about Physical science? If you don't have time to answer I will start a new thread later, but I was just wondering.

You...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sunset
    started a topic Novare vs Dive science

Novare vs Dive science

I am planning on Physical Science for my 8th grader next year, but I thought maybe more people on the high school board could help with this. Can anyone compare Dive Science with Novare science? I have read a lot of good things about Novare, but I am intimidated by the thought of teaching high school...
    See more | Go to post

• I've only done this once but it was pretty effective during a stressful latin lesson. I made the vocabulary into a matching game by writing the english meanings on one set of index cars and the on latin another set of cards and flipping all of them over.

What is a board race?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have nothing at all to add about engineering school, although my oldest likes math and science, (but hates legos) so I'm following along with interest. I'd just like to comment on the age of entering college thing. Not that I have much relevant to add there either but - twenty years ago I entered...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I've never used audible, but one of my very favorite fun reads is My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell.....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sunset
    replied to Latin and gifted kids
    Re: Latin and gifted kids

That's an interesting idea. I had seen that program on the website but I didn't know what it was and took a closer look just now. Thank you! I'll keep that in mind....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sunset
    replied to Latin and gifted kids
    Re: Latin and gifted kids

That was fast! Thank you for all the thoughtful suggestions.

Jen, I have read some of your other posts and pay attention to them. I don't think my child is gifted in the way your son is, (I don't imagine there are many like him but my boy seems...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sunset
    started a topic Latin and gifted kids

Latin and gifted kids

Okay, this is a quirky problem to have.

My second grader is a sharp kid, possibly gifted, who loves math and workbooks. This is our first year with MP and its working out really well for him. Just the right amount of challenge for him, although he's jumped ahead of most of the second...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by sunset; 12-05-2018, 06:46 AM.

• sunset
    replied to OT - Video Games
    Re: OT - Video Games

The machine is here - I seriously considered returning it - decided not to. I realized no matter what I do I'll feel uneasy about it, so I'm just going to have to deal with the uneasiness. I'm glad to hear about other people's experiences. It's helpful to think about...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sunset
    replied to OT - Video Games
    Re: OT - Video Games

I am reading your replies and still mulling things over.

To those who feel odd for not allowing them I just wanted to say don't feel odd. I don't think it's bad AT ALL to not do video games. You know your family best. We don't own a TV. People think...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X