148 results in 0.0585 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Islander
    replied to Pre-Algebra Recommendations
    Hello,

I would recommend Math Mammoth pre-algebra. My oldest used it in 6th grade and was well prepared for Algebra 1 in 7th grade, and is now enjoying Novare Physics online especially the math portion....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Islander
    replied to OT - Video Games
    Re: OT - Video Games

I am so thankful for this post. Especially the idea about allowing the my boys to fail while under my roof so that I can teach them. I recently cried with one of my boys who broke the gaming rules by going behind my back. Frankly, I only allowed my kids to play...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: “Outside the Box” MP ideas

After all these years with MP, I am still figuring it out. I confess that I may not be a slave to the guides (since I modify them, haha!) but I am a slave to Memoria Press as a whole. I’d do anything, like quit a paying job, just to have the energy...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Islander; 11-19-2018, 08:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Islander
    replied to Homeschool vs. Nightshift
    Re: Homeschool + Nightshift

Hi, Dianna:

Thank you for sharing your tips and encouragement. ❤️

From the last time we talked, I switched from 3 nights to 2 nights. This is better because now we can school 4.5 days instead of 3.5 days. But it’s...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Islander
    replied to Homeschool vs. Nightshift
    Re: Homeschool vs. Nightshift

I really appreciate you sharing. Yay! I’m not alone! I was all excited in the first 3 months of the job, then one day I felt drained and have not recovered since.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Islander
    started a topic Homeschool vs. Nightshift

Homeschool vs. Nightshift

Hello,

I would love to hear from parents who homeschool and work part time— nightshift. How do you transition your sleep pattern from nightshift back to homeschool during the day?

I’d also like to hear from parents who used to work nightshift but switched to dayshift—...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Islander; 08-12-2018, 07:29 AM.

• Islander
    replied to New school year
    Re: New school year

Thanks for the clarification, Sarah! 😁 And it’s not hijaking. I want to hear more about everyone’s essential non-school outlets to keep one’s sanity. :-)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Islander

Hi Dianna,
    I’m touched that you were thinking of me at Sodalitas. So far, it has been impossible for me to make it. Before my weekend partime job, money was the problem. Now that I have money, time off is an issue since travel to be there by Monday takes...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Islander

Oh wow. You have so much more on your plate and yet you always seem so cool. What an inspiration!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Islander

Thanks for sharing, Melanie. Sounds like a great way to start. I’d stretch the first week in the core plan too. How exciting that you have a high schooler!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Islander

Thanks for the reply, Sarah.

Perhaps I’m just dreading the transition back into structured and busy days for the boys.

The mix of my part time job and keeping the boys disciplined is quite draining. So for sure we will do some of the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Islander
    started a topic New school year

New school year

Hello fellow teachers! When will you start your new school year?

This is the first year for me not looking forward to start in August. I guess I’m looking for inspiration. Haha!

Our classroom and books are all set and ready. It’s just me. I got too excited too early...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Plan to put Upper Grade books on Audio?

Susan, my husband also recorded himself reading the Golden Children’s Bible for my boys. He would personalize it by starting with, “Okay son, let’s pray. In the name of the Father...” and with additional Catholic...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Islander
    replied to NLE results
    Re: NLE results

So happy about my son’s perfect score on his NLE Intro exam! Thanks to Mrs. Strickland, his first MP Online teacher, for helping him to prep for the exam!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: States and Capitals placement

We print extra copies of the quizzes and use them for review! It was successful in third grade, so we’ve continued the practice in fourth and fifth grade! 👍🏼...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X