No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
53 results in 0.0198 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Yay! I signed up for the First Form Intensive. Magistra Strickland may remember my abrupt discontinuation of attendance in the Second Form class this year. I completely overestimated what I had gained from sending my older 2 through FFL without really doing the work myself. Mea Culpa. So I'm taking...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CrystalEv
    replied to Famous Men or Mills?
    Carrie,

I'm under the impression that the Famous Men series and the Mills series aren't substitutes for one another, but happen sequentially. Famous Men begins in 5th grade and after completion, the Mills series starts in 8th Grade and is taught in tandem with the ancient epic of that day,...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by CrystalEv; 03-25-2022, 01:08 PM. Reason: I checked the class list and saw the FMMA sections are full.

Leave a comment:

• This exchange of ideas is so beneficial. Sometime we get stuck in ruts and hearing someone else’s method is eye-opening. We have 6 kids and getting them all ready for the day at the same time sharing one bathroom is borderline torture for our 13yo girl. So we stagger their wake up times, while...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• That’s it, then. I’m registering for Second Form this very minute. I have this deep sense of feeling late to the party, but “better late than never,” right?!

Woohoo! Thanks, Jessica!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin and Mamahill, and Dorinda,

I've been hearing a hubbub of taking a class in Latin. I need some more Latin in my life and learning with that kind of accountability in a class setting is super appealing, but I'm unsure how/where you all are taking these classes. (I don't want...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CrystalEv
    replied to Who is coming?
    Hey Hey! I'll be there for the Sodalitas portion only, but I'll be bringing a new FULL CORE MP MOM with me. (I'm excited to have recruited some families to MP in my little ol' town in New Mexico.) I'm looking forward to seeing all of you! I kinda had withdrawals from missing out on MP faces last...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• This is beautiful. I am delighted to know the treasure of western heritage is something accessible to my children (and me since I didn’t have chance to learn this way.). There are simply too many books to choose from, and having them chosen for me with care and expertise is comforting. I can see...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CrystalEv
    started a topic Favorite Dictionary

Favorite Dictionary

Good Morning all you fellow February funk fighters,

Is this a thing? Do we classical homeschoolers have a favorite dictionary? I’m thinking there is one option over another known for beautiful use of words?

I mean, Alexa is a fine-enough wordsmith in a pinch, but it’s...
    See more | Go to post

• CrystalEv
    started a topic Oliver Twist Audiobook

Oliver Twist Audiobook

Starting the year off this week, working out kinks! Cores for 3rd, 5th, and 6th all have the read alouds and I'm committed to them, but 3 chapters a day is a tall order. I'm losing my voice!

Have you any experience with Oliver Twist audiobooks? Have a favorite narrator?? My 6th grader...
    See more | Go to post

• CrystalEv
    replied to Anna Karenina
    Thank you, friends. You don't disappoint! Thank you, Michael, for finding that thread. I didn't come across it when I searched for Anna Karenina on the forum. Off to see if Maude is one of my translations, and if not, the audiobook is mighty enticing, Jessica. Happy New Year!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CrystalEv
    started a topic Anna Karenina

Anna Karenina

Fellow book moms and friends,

Quick preference question:

I keep hearing Martin Cothran tell me (through old podcasts) that I need to read Anna Karenina. I've got several translations, but I have no way of knowing the better selection. Any opinions? Which does Highlands Latin...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Sodalitas Gathering - general chat thread

I am so excited! Less than a week! I will have 3 extra seats in the car if anyone needs a ride. I'll be at the airport picking up a friend at 11:00pm Sunday if anyone is coming in late.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: If your kids hate imitation based writing...

I feel ya.

At the beginning of Fable last year, my 10 year old didn't like doing Classical Composition and I agonized by her side about synonyms and sequence of events and blah blah blah. By the end of the year, she was...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CrystalEv
    replied to Educational gluttony?
    Re: Educational gluttony?

Put me down for the Raffle Ticket Package. (Y'all are so creative.) I'm so excited to come and meet/see again all you beautiful souls who #dohardthings. It's good, no - neccesary, to be encouraged by the MP sisterhood! Woohoo!

Will register...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Latin question- debitum vs peccatum

Fantastic explanation. I had wondered the same myself and this answer is so satisfying. Thanks, Michael!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X