84 results in 0.0380 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• CarlynD
    replied to Video Text reviews
    Hi, Sarah,

Lian is doing well with VT. We switched mid year of 8th grade (last year) from Prentice Hall to Video Text. Even though it was mid year, I had Lian start at the beginning of VT to achieve mastery. She moved quickly through the beginning. We continued to do math throughout the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hi, Dianna, and all,

L will start 9th in the fall. We are mostly following 9A.

MP at home:

Literature: Lit 9A (Scarlet Letter, Julius Caesar, Pride & Prejudice, Poetry Book II, Romeo & Juliet)
    Logic: Traditional Logic II (did Traditional Logic I last...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by CarlynD; 06-05-2020, 12:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Thanks for COTR Pre-Algebra Encouragement

Hi! I just wanted to encourage those who are using COTR Pre-Algebra. I was about to throw in the towel around Chapter 3 this past fall with my daughter. But I am glad I didn't. She has made significant improvements in her math abilities (over 10 percentiles on standardized tests) this spring. We just...
    See more | Go to post

• CarlynD
    replied to Mapping COTR to Khan Academy
    Re: Mapping COTR to Khan Academy

You all have me laughing! Thank you!

It is like her math world with algebra is blown apart. I see it in her face and eyes. It is like the wheel is turning and turning in her brain and I expect smoke to start to come out of her ears and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CarlynD

Sorry, Dianna, that I am not encouraging you.

Today wasn't a great math day. We have about half good days and half bad days. She does really enjoy Khan Academy. It is a confidence builder. Whenever a new concept is introduced is usually...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CarlynD

My daughter is using Khan Academy with COTR Pre-algebra. Actually, she is doing it from the start. It is a good review and fills in gaps in understanding and builds her confidence.

I do find COTR a big jump from Rod and Staff Grade 6. She...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: OT: Gifts worth giving; gifts worth having...

Lots of fun ideas!

Just before Christmas, we are traveling, all 5 of us, to NC to be with family, my sister and her family and my parents. It's warmer there, so can that count as a vacation/experience trip?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CarlynD
    replied to Pre-Algebra in 9th Grade
    Re: Pre-Algebra in 9th Grade

Hi, Jenn,

Intro to Physics is a tough course. My son took it in 11th grade after he had Algebra 1 and biology and chemistry. He still found it challenging. If he truly needs it now, I would persist, but at his mastery pace. I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CarlynD
    replied to After Sodalitas
    Re: After Sodalitas

Yes, a tremendous thank you to all the members of the Sodalitas committee! Each of you has individually told me that it wasn't you who did all the work, but someone did it. Together you did it! We are so grateful for your time and efforts. It was wonderful. Everyone...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Not sure if to start

So, I am exploring these posts because I just went to a planning meeting for a co-op with some lovely families, but I just am not satisfied. It's just not MP. It'll be a fun co-op but not what I know a cottage school would be. I don't have a younger child to start...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Sodalitas 2018 - sneak peek and early registration!

I'm all registered!
    It looks like Anne R will be coming also.
    Fun!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Sodalitas 2018 - sneak peek and early registration!

I'm going through the family's schedule for summer. I am hopeful I can make it, especially after seeing the schedule! Good stuff.

We may or may not at times raise our hands here and dance during school time to non-classical...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Still pretty new to MP-BIG question

[QUOTE=KF2000;61912]Ana,
    I hope you know that the underlying truth of my jest (because every joke does have an element of truth) is that people who teach history will always make decisions about what gets entered into their version of history....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Still pretty new to MP-BIG question

As usual, I am late to the party. However, I so love the thoughts expressed here on this topic. I am a mother of a Chinese-American daughter, and I teach her Latin. I have my own battle at times about spending our academic time primarily on Western...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by CarlynD; 08-30-2017, 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• Re: OT: Your Public Service Announcement

Well, Mary,
    I must remove my redundant exclamation points.
    Carlyn
    "Oh, yes! That's one that used to make"... (trailing off)....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X