Collapse
500 results in 0.0839 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Mary
    replied to Novare science
    Agreed. I also loved that I could call Novare directly and order specialty parts for experiments. We could always ask MP to set up a wood shop in their warehouse to build ramps and spring boxes...

tanya - thanks for that info. MP lesson plans are so nice to have but not a deal-breaker....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mary
    started a topic Logical next step after VT math

Logical next step after VT math

My dd began VideoText math this year as a 9th grader, after having completed Pre-Algebra through the MPOA with Mr. Thomas in 8th grade. She is doing very well and will finish both the algebra and geometry modules by 12th grade (if not before).

My ds12 (7th grade) was watching the videos...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Mary; 01-08-2020, 01:42 PM.

• Mary
    You'll see different recommendations in different places. I had two very different experiences with my two oldest kids. My dd15 has found her groove with literature and classical studies and struggled a bit once she left MP/Tiner science. She took Earth Science in 8th grade and is now in Physical Science...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mary
    I'm glad you asked this question, as I had come here to voice the same concern.

I have been very pleased with Novare physical and earth science the past two years and I would like to continue with Novare for biology next year - understanding that I will have to follow their lesson plans...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SQUEEEEALLL!!! Jodi, he is SO cute! And he looks an awful lot like his adorable big sister. <3

Congratulations! May God grant him many, many years.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Oh, goodness! God bless you for writing such a concise, eloquent post with 8 adorable children vying for your attention. I'm not sure I could have done that once upon a time with only three littles hanging around!

I will take a stab at this on only half a cup of coffee just so you have...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mary
    replied to Novare physical science
    TheAttachedMama - Cathy! Novare has the answers to the Learning Check questions online! After spending a year muddling through on my own, I found them. I went ahead and printed them out and made a comb-bound book, of sorts, since I have multiple kiddos who will use them. See this thread: https://fo...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mary
    replied to Art Poster Storage
    I LOVE this binder! Adding it to my Christmas wish list!

The art cards are easy enough to store. I have a full set (K - 2nd) stored within a 5x7 shadowbox frame (rotating to the next piece each week) and the other sets laminated on ring binders...but those posters just sit in that Levenger...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mary
    replied to Art Poster Storage
    I just store my laminated art posters lying flat. I have a set of beautiful linen-covered memento boxes from Levenger that some thoughtful soul gave me for my wedding. The largest one was empty but it just happened to be the perfect size for the art posters. Yay! I just went to the website to see if...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Michael - I don't know if this matters, but I tried to send a PM to Melisa Burke and was given the message that this user does not have private messaging enabled. However, there is a "MelisaBurke" (no space) that IS allowed to get PMs. That option showed up in a dropdown just below "Melisa...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mary
    replied to Video Text Algebra
    Katie - I typed a long response but it's stuck in "suspected SPAM" land because I edited one too many times (I blame undercaffeination for my lack of clarity and need to clean up...repeatedly). Hopefully the mods will see it and re-post it soon!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mary
    replied to Video Text Algebra
    Hi Katie,

I can only speak as a mother using the program, not to how MP will handle the switch.

I had met and then chatted with Mr. Clark at several homeschooling conventions and always liked VideoText; however, I never made the leap because I had everything scheduled through...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Mary; 10-17-2019, 10:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Well, before you use the word "wisdom" and my name in the same sentence, know that I misspoke above! It is chronological snobbery I referred to, not intellectual. This is what happens when I post too long after coffee and don't look up terms before throwing them around. *weary laugh...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I can't speak for MP as to why they chose ATF&F as the alternative for Intro to CC; however, I *think* it may have to do with the fact that it is a more robust writing program that a motivated 3rd grader might prefer over Intro. I'll let an MP rep come in and clarify that.

I like...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ETA: KF2000 - we were typing at the same time. Sorry if I discussed what you've already covered!

The history, geography and classical studies programs can be used without Christian Studies. As far as I know, those subjects can stand on their own.

Our extended families...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X