Collapse
45 results in 0.0309 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• makinmemories
    replied to Differing Science Paths
    Ha! Your stories about your son always make me smile!

I completely agree that you can not track an 11 year old. That's where the 3 different tracks have me question how a parent does decides the path (given the luxury to have this insight very early on). Generally I do not fret about...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• makinmemories
    started a topic Differing Science Paths

Differing Science Paths

This comment from another thread has me thinking and I would like more thoughts on this. Next year for 6th we will do Trees & Biology. I had assumed we would continue on with the accelerated track that we have been on from the beginning.

I typically buy our curriculum for the following...
    See more | Go to post

• makinmemories
    started a topic Robin Hood (acting out scenes)

Robin Hood (acting out scenes)

We are quickly approaching the chapters in Robin Hood where there are enrichment lessons that include assigning roles for the children to take turns acting out the scenes. Is this something that they do cooperatively to determine their speaking parts and the order in which it will play out, or is there...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: A Wrinkle In Time (Madeleine L'Engle) discussion

I love these perspectives. While I was not afforded reading good books in my own childhood, I am thankful that I get to share them with my children now. I think that as they grow they will definitely...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• A Wrinkle In Time (Madeleine L'Engle) discussion

My boys and I just finished reading A Wrinkle In Time (5A read aloud set). I am stuck with that mental churning you get after you read a book and can’t quite identify the feelings that you have about it. The realization that you are lost in thought in another world yet realize you have to snap...
    See more | Go to post

• Second Form Latin & Elementary Greek

I think I have read previously where others have done these two courses together. This year we are finishing FFL and Greek Alphabet. Next year, Second Form Latin is definitely a top priority. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and start my rising 5th grader in Elementary Greek 1 as well, or if this...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Catholic Studies Supplement --- time frame?

I have been watching this thread closely! Very excited that this supplement is getting closer to the finish line! Might I ask what the resource /alignment is for the Protestant catechism (Heidelberg, Luther, etc.)? This...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• OT: Just for Fun: You Know Your Child Is Classically Educated When....

This thought has crossed my mind lately as I have seen my boys do several things that I’m pretty sure are directly related to the goodness that we are exposed to daily. It is probably also the reason that sometimes their friends give them questioning looks!

So, aside from the fact...
    See more | Go to post

• Full on planning mode: 5A and 2nd

The February blues always brings out the planner in me. I’m hoping over the next couple of weeks to *get started* with organizing for next school year. We will be diving into the 5A and 2nd grade core curriculums, as planned, no substitutions! It will be my second go ‘round with the second grade...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: The Chronicles of Narnia

That is my position as well, perhaps because it is all I know. He read the LWW first and then The Magicians Nephew. After finishing the entire series, he contends that The Magicians Nephew should be read first because it explains the origin of the wardrobe...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• makinmemories
    started a topic The Chronicles of Narnia

The Chronicles of Narnia

Out of curiosity, what order did you or your children read The Chronicles of Narnia series? I didn't realize there was even differing opinions on order until the beginning of this year when my fourth grader started reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe for school and that even C.S. Lewis had...
    See more | Go to post

• makinmemories
    started a topic Copybook II ~ First Grade

Copybook II ~ First Grade

I just have a quick question regarding the copywork assignment for January brings the snow ~ The copywork for that poem is in cursive however he has only made it thru the letter M in cursive plans (both poem and cursive M scheduled for the same week in the CM). Do I have him copy the poem in cursive...
    See more | Go to post

• makinmemories
    started a topic It works!!! MP communities!

It works!!! MP communities!

There is hope! I received a connection email today from MP communities from someone else in the area interested in using MP. I've been on this island for so long I thought it was spam.... but it was real. Just wanted to pop in and say THANK YOU again to MP for providing this path to connect with...
    See more | Go to post

• makinmemories
    replied to OT: Brand new MP'er!
    Re: OT: Brand new MP'er!

Super sweet! <3 January babies! Congratulations!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• makinmemories
    started a topic Resonet in Laudibus

Resonet in Laudibus

Hello~

First off, we are really enjoying the Lingua Angelica study and the musical CD that goes along with it. Especially during this Advent season, it is just so beautiful!

The question that my 9 year old has, specifically regarding Resonet in Laudibus, concerns the word...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X