No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
106 results in 0.0238 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Re: Confusion about American Studies and Read Alouds --- Help!

Jessica- is this how you handled them in younger grades as well? I've got a rising 3rd grader and am feeling a little overwhelmed by all the reading that comes with American Studies....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RanchMom
    replied to OT: teacher recertification
    Re: OT: teacher recertification

I'm in a similar boat and have done some research on this. It all depends on the state, but here's what I learned for Colorado. MP's teacher training counts, homeschool gathering does not.
    Classical Academic Press has some courses which I have been...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Living Books vs MP History Books

I add in CM style living history and some historical fiction into our read aloud time as well as encourage them for free reading. I think you can very easily work some in.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RanchMom
    replied to CLE vs Rod and Staff
    Re: CLE vs Rod and Staff

What a timely moment to ask, I've been dwelling on this a lot lately! CLE has been ok. My daughter likes it better than R&S. We haven't had daily tears with math time. It clearly isn't a mastery approach like R&S is. I knew that going in,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RanchMom
    started a topic 4 Day Week in 3rd Grade Possible?

4 Day Week in 3rd Grade Possible?

As you can tell from my prolific posting lately, we are preparing for 3rd grade and I'm a bit nervous about it.
    Up to now we have been able to do a mostly four day week by combining Thursday and Friday. However, we still do spelling tests and any other tests that pop up on Friday mornings. ...
    See more | Go to post

• RanchMom
    started a topic Summer Bridge Work for Rising 3rd

Summer Bridge Work for Rising 3rd

As I am summer dreaming I'm thinking about preparing for 3rd grade next year. For some reason I'm a little bit intimidated by 3rd. Any particular bridge type work you veterans would suggest?
    See more | Go to post

• RanchMom
    replied to Sending Littles to Preschool
    Re: Sending Littles to Preschool

I would call the school and ask if you can come peek in the preschool program for a little bit before this year gets out. They should say yes (although if they say no, that should tell you everything you need to know). Spend 20 or 30 minutes watching the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: OT: I need some parenting advice about screen time

Uhg, screens. Such a hard one. If it was totally up to me and me alone (and my family are all aware of this) I would chuck that gaming system out the window and the TV would be hidden in the basement for VERY occasional use. Sadly,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Spelling Trouble (Repeat Book C??)

Thank you so much for the wonderful advice!
    She sound very similar to Michelle's daughter, as she does very well in all other subjects. I love the ideas you all gave me here and actually feel energized to take this on now.
    Thank y...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RanchMom
    started a topic Spelling Trouble (Repeat Book C??)

Spelling Trouble (Repeat Book C??)

My daughter (currently nearing the end of 2nd) struggles with spelling. She continuously fails every spelling test and doesn't translate any of the spelling skills to writing. I know some of this can be normal for her age, especially translating spelling to other spelling tasks, but it feels like she's...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Continuing Education for Mom Learning to Teach Classically

Classical Academic Press just released some online 'courses' they are terming Classical Academic Press University. Some of them look really interesting. I looked into it and it's a monthly subscription giving you access to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Is MP for us? Help! "Latin Centered Curriculum"

I'm only going to tackle one portion of your post- as there are so many on here who are far more experienced than I and can take on the rest for you.

All the books, and how they allow for depth: I assume...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RanchMom
    replied to Box day
    Re: Box day

The struggle is real....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RanchMom
    started a topic Preparing for 3rd Questions

Preparing for 3rd Questions

Pouring through materials for 3rd grade (what can I say, box day is exciting). But I am confused by the review box. I get the Days of the Week move to Date, but then it talks about coordinating that with lesson number? Or is just on Nov 1 they go in the 1, Nov 2 they go in 2... then on Dec 1 they are...
    See more | Go to post

• RanchMom
    replied to 1st grade help
    Re: 1st grade help

My daughter is young for her grade as well. She turned 6 in the fall of her 1st grade year (she's now 7 and has almost completed 2nd, will be starting 3rd at 7). Early on (in both 1st and 2nd actually) I didn't require all of the writing for her. We answered about half...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by RanchMom; 02-18-2017, 07:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X