Collapse
422 results in 0.0483 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• JodiSue
    replied to The Magic Flute
    My kids also love this selection in particular, and often request the video of the performance from YouTube. ETA: Forgot to caveat that parents should pre-watch...we don't watch with the subtitles on, which it looks like this link has. Sorry!!

https://youtu.be/YuBeBjqKSGQ
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by JodiSue; 10-08-2020, 03:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JodiSue
    started a topic Staying Back a Year in Literature

Staying Back a Year in Literature

So I have discovered this year that the 7A/8 literature module is a huge jump for my kiddo in terms of in maturity and abstract thinking. I feel like my current 7th grader can do it, but he would really enjoy it more and see the goodness in all of it (poetry and short stories especially) when he is...
    See more | Go to post

• Thank you all for the lovely advice! A lot of things to mull over. It's especially helpful for me to think of the transition to 7th on par with the transition to 3rd. In my mind I have such a clear line from 2nd to 3rd, but I hadn't made that connection going from 6th to 7th. Also, it helps to hear...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JodiSue
    replied to Time off for new baby
    I had a baby almost 5 weeks ago now. I took two weeks completely off of school (well, my olders had to keep up with their online classes, but I was not involved in that). Since then we've been attempting "regular speed", but I think I would have taken one more week off in retrospect...or gone...
    We live in an age of slogans and buzzwords, and their number is ever-increasing thanks to a shorter news cycle and access to instant media. It used to be that a slogan would last awhile, partly because we didn’t hear it all the time. But now, someone comes up with a slogan and we hear [...]
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have a 4 week old, so I can't really contribute to what a good day looks like because I'm still getting my feet under me. But this made me wonder about something.

You have three that you didn't get to check in with for a day. What does it look like when you do check in with them? Do you...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• We have a huge case of 7th-grader-itis here (did not know that was a diagnosable condition! ). I'm not sure who is going to die from it, him or me. I was about to post about this in Sarah's other thread. It is not so much quality of work (although that can be an issue), but it is mostly a level of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thank you all for the well wishes. He really is a sweetie.

Mary, my husband says that he looks like every baby we've ever had all rolled into one, so Eleanor is definitely in there somewhere.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• OT: The Newest Member of Our Homeschool

Introducing Andrew Owen, born 10/10, ready to start rebuilding western civilization... as soon as he's done with his nap....
    See more | Go to post

• For #1, yes, and yes. I tell my kids often, "There is only one of me and four of you. Someone has to wait." And they all get their turns and I drop dead asleep at 7:30 pm.

My oldest is only in 7th, so grain of salt and all that, but I/we tend towards more independent work for...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have skimmed the thread, so forgive me where I repeat. We've done this 5 times in the last 10 years. Two of those times have been mid school-year.

I always let the movers pack everything, even (or especially) breakables and expensive stuff. This is because the movers carry full replacement...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by JodiSue; 09-02-2019, 01:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JodiSue
    replied to Where can I find the files?
    I also found the FMMA dictionary, but not the literature for 5A/6M. It's weird because makinmemories is quoted in that thread, but the original post with her dictionary isn't there.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks, Tanya! Sorry to add to your workload, I just felt a bit like I had finished an IKEA shelf and had extra nuts and bolts leftover.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JodiSue
    started a topic 7A Curriculum Guide and Quiz/Test Scheduling

7A Curriculum Guide and Quiz/Test Scheduling

Hi All,

I'm probably overlooking some things in my 7A CG, because between school and baby prep my brain is fried, but it seems like some of the final exams and/or "last unit" tests of certain subjects are not scheduled in my guide. I'm wondering if this is intentional so that...
    See more | Go to post

• JodiSue
    replied to 7a-science options
    Also, if it helps anyone, MPOA offers an Earth Science class and they state in the course description they only cover chapters 1-2, 4-7, and 12-14. The chapters they omit are more due to subject matter rather than time, but I thought it might be helpful info for anyone trying to fit the text into a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JodiSue
    replied to Oliver Twist Audiobook
    We used the Simon Vance narration last year and I really liked it.

For read alouds I do a little explaining of plot, no vocab. It's 95% just catch-as-catch can and sitting and enjoying having someone read us a story. Actually, we all kind of lounge around and listen to the audiobook, maybe...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X