367 results in 0.0499 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Angela
    started a topic Homework in Latin class

Homework in Latin class

This is our first time using MPOA and my daughter is unsure of how she is supposed to turn in homework, meaning the assigned Henle 3 exercises. Does she have to submit those or are those just supposed to be completed before class so that she can discuss them during the class time? If they are to be...
    See more | Go to post

• Angela
    replied to On Track for AP Latin
    How does this translate into moving into MPOA? My dd has finished Henle 2 and I'd like her to do Latin online from here out. Can I put her into Henle III in the fall? Should I use this semester now to do the Caesar in Henle II or Mueller? Is either one okay as long as she has some experience translating...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Angela
    Yes! Those are my questions as well.

So if my dd has finished Henle 2, can we just "do as much as we can" with Mueller Caesar and then go into MPOA Henle 3 in the fall? I'm confident that she can complete at least half of the course in that time, and she is a strong Latin student....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Angela
    I think I misunderstood the homeschool track. I thought it went Henle 2, Caesar, Vergil. A few months ago I started a thread asking what to purchase for using next after Henle 2 and was told to do Mueller and then AP Vergil. Now I see that there is Henle 3 in between Caesar and AP Vergil. I'm confused...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Angela
    Ok, I guess we're a bit "off" sequence because I've been following what is in the curriculum guides instead of MPOA. My plan has been to just work through the books on our own and then use MPOA for AP Latin. So far this has been fine and I've enjoyed learning Latin right along with my dd....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Angela
    started a topic On Track for AP Latin

On Track for AP Latin

My dd just finished Henle II with me at home. She did great with it and really mastered all the material. I have Caesar here to do with her next, but looking through it I really feel like I'd rather just put her in MPOA for AP Latin rather than try doing it on our own. Her grasp of the grammar has...
    See more | Go to post

• Angela
    replied to Latin Progression
    I think I found the answer by looking in the catalogue. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it goes like this:

9th- Henle II
    10th- Caesar
    11th- Henle III
    12th- AP Vergil

Thanks,
    Angela
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Angela
    started a topic Latin Progression

Latin Progression

We are doing Henle II right now for ninth grade. After this, should I purchase Caesar or Henle III to do next? What would a typical sequence be for the rest of high school?

Thanks!
    Angela
    See more | Go to post

• Thank you all for taking the time to write out these extremely helpful answers!! This forum has been so very helpful to us as we plod along. I can't pretend to thoroughly understand everything written, but it sounds like we're on the right track and that it is good to aim for literal translations,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Translating ablative absolutes and participles

We have a question relating to lessons 21 and 22 of Henle II and I'm hoping someone here can help us out. When translating ablative absolutes with participles from Latin to English, do we have the freedom to choose whether to put it in the passive or change it to an active participle, or is there a...
    See more | Go to post

• Angela
    replied to Latin Sequence after 4th Form
    As the OP, I just wanted to pop in and report on how things are going so far. We started Henle 2 about five weeks ago after almost finishing 4FL (we never made it to the last 3 lessons which I understood to be okay). I am so very glad that we "moved on" to this instead of repeating 4FL,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Angela
    replied to Music Appreciation Book I
    My son is using this independently in 5th grade and loves it. He actually saw it in the catalog himself and requested me to buy it for him (he's actually doing it right now as I type ). Not sure what you want to know, but the music selections are excellent. We don't have the CD, just look up performances...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Angela
    That’s good news. We had no problems with the first two units. It’s really the grammar of the third unit that has been difficult and I am struggling to understand it myself in order to help. The verbals are very confusing. We have the forms memorized and have no problem with filling out the drill...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Angela
    Wow, lots to think about here! I did buy a used copy of Cambridge Latin to look through just for fun, and we are enjoying reading those stories on the side. I think it is similar in approach to Lingua Latina.

She was begging to do something other than Henle, but now I think I've persuaded...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Angela
    Michael,
    Thanks for your reply. I shared your answer with my daughter and we are considering it. If she did do another year of 4FL, possibly without Henle, would that be sufficient for her to move into Caesar the next year without doing Henle II first?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X